The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Tim, I used to work on charter boats based out of there. Loooong time ago
Sounds like a very nice life... the Grenadians are really nice and the island is gorgeous, even if the weather is currently rather variable!

fotografz

Thank you Marc... I had a massive Rum Punch this evening and it has left me feeling warm and serene... Enjoy Miami, hope it is warm there? Try the Soho Beach House for lunch. It is really a very cool place!
ANYTHING is warmer than here ... even Antarctica. Literally.

Forecast: Mid 70s to low 80s when we are in Miami.

Been to Miami a zillion times. Used to stay at the Delano, but we are staying in Coconut Grove this time as I have a shoot there ... but will get over to Miami Beach if we get a chance ... there is a breakfast joint there right by a modeling agency that provides some eye candy ... hope it is still there ;)

Love the Cuban coffee. Hope I can hold the A7R steady after a few of those :ROTFL:

MM, A99, A900 and the A7R plus 3 speed-lights will all be put to task. Honestly, I'm sick of these heavy bags of gear ... if the A7R does well, I may "pull a Guy" and dump everything and get a A7 partner for the MM and A7R.

- Marc

tashley

Subscriber Member

ANYTHING is warmer than here ... even Antarctica. Literally.

Forecast: Mid 70s to low 80s when we are in Miami.

Been to Miami a zillion times. Used to stay at the Delano, but we are staying in Coconut Grove this time as I have a shoot there ... but will get over to Miami Beach if we get a chance ... there is a breakfast joint there right by a modeling agency that provides some eye candy ... hope it is still there ;)

Love the Cuban coffee. Hope I can hold the A7R steady after a few of those :ROTFL:

MM, A99, A900 and the A7R plus 3 speed-lights will all be put to task. Honestly, I'm sick of these heavy bags of gear ... if the A7R does well, I may "pull a Guy" and dump everything and get a A7 partner for the MM and A7R.

- Marc
I stayed at the Delano a couple of nights in 2012, having not been for years, and Lordy was I ever glad to leave...

I suggest you don't try and pull a guy in South Beach... you might not get what you bargained for ;-)

nikonf

I love the image created with the Summilux.

How do you like the 50mm Summulix ASPH with the A7 sensor?

Enjoy!
Mike

These three taken in low light

ISO 1250 with Leica 50 'lux Asph

ISO 6400 with the kit lens

ISO 3200 with the kit lens

MikalWGrass

Marc, there is a photo store, Pittman Photo, about 7 miles or so from the hotel. They have the A7. The prices are always discounted so they can compete with the big mail order places.

kuujinbo

So, let's go to the beach . . . put the Leica 80-200R lens on the A7 and see if it's possible to get shots of the dogs haring around at 100mph . . . . .

Matty flying

Upshot is that I got a really good focusing hit rate (all shot at f4) Camera turned to shutter priority to try and catch the action . . . . It works, and it works well.
:salute: yes, that's an understatement. :)

PSon

Their love journey hand in hand and all I got was the A7R and a 50mm FD in mine.

jonoslack

I love the image created with the Summilux.

How do you like the 50mm Summulix ASPH with the A7 sensor?

Enjoy!
Mike
Hi Mike
I haven't spent enough time with it, but from first impressions it seems to be great.

fotografz

I stayed at the Delano a couple of nights in 2012, having not been for years, and Lordy was I ever glad to leave...

I suggest you don't try and pull a guy in South Beach... you might not get what you bargained for ;-)
My bad, as my wife reminded me, it was the National next door ... the Delano was a bit too pretentious, sunken cheek people/trendy for us back then, but some cool shooting with all the long sheer drapes wafting in the breeze. I liked the National's pool.

Now we just stay at the Lowes when visiting South Beach because they allow doggies. Last time we were there it was record cold and we had to wear our winter coats. :thumbdown:

Good people shooting in Miami. Can't wait, after being stuck in the house for a month. A&R and Leica MM will get use :thumbs:

Years ago when flying into Miami to do a commercial TV shoot we passed over islands that Christo had turned into an "art" by surrounding it with pink. Of course, my camera was packed away in the over-head :banghead:

I must say, you are making that kit zoom sing a Caribbean tune :thumbup: So, post more of paradise please ... most folks are freezing their bums off right now. :)

- Marc

fotografz

Marc, there is a photo store, Pittman Photo, about 7 miles or so from the hotel. They have the A7. The prices are always discounted so they can compete with the big mail order places.
No room in the bag to bring it back home Mikal ... I'm maxed out for the shoot.

The idea is less, not more :ROTFL:

See ya soon!

- Marc

DavidL

Hi David
She's fine - nearly 14, but showing no signs of age - she's subdued the new puppy and still spends much of her time in boxes and bags. Can you remember when it was you came (and I'll see what I can find).
My records say 15/12/2006. Wow! "Who knows where the time goes"

jonoslack

So good to see the old cat again, was getting worried.
Would love a file of my cat smuggling days in Norfolk, if you still have it.
David in not so sunny Devon
Hi David
At the risk of derailing the thread with :OT: messages, and worse, infecting it with cat snaps, I think this might be the snap you were thinking of, Echo was 6 then (back in 2006).

David Lawson with Echo M8

jonoslack

Here are some different shots from yesterday's beach walk. This time with the humble kit zoom

Beware!

Bottle tops

Green and yellow

Froth

After the Storm

Time to go home

tashley

Subscriber Member

Hi David
At the risk of derailing the thread with :OT: messages, and worse, infecting it with cat snaps, I think this might be the snap you were thinking of, Echo was 6 then (back in 2006).

David Lawson with Echo M8
Wow, England is such a diverse country. Down in Sussex, the traditional pub dish is chicken in a basket. Who'da thunk of cat!?

Status
Not open for further replies.