The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Rubinstein

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I'm noticing the same thing in my latest version of ACR. The sharper the results the more of a problem it is. Never seen this with the D800e, anyone have any ideas what's causing it?

cunim

Trying to build a theme around grape vines. This one is "Layers"
A7r, 55FE, 1/250, f3.5, ISO125, hand held
Check out the 100% crop.

D

Deleted member 7792

First test shot with the Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS lens on the A7R. Lens (Nikon mount) attached with Novoflex NIK to E adapter and ASTAT/NEX ring mount on a leveled tripod. Dialed in a hair more than 1 degree tilt and shot at ISO 100 f/11. Seems to be sharp across the frame with a little uncorrected distortion.
That's stunningly sharp edge-to-edge. Wow! Did focus peaking help in determining tilt or did you rely only on focus magnification?

There may be a Samyang in my future.

Joe

Michiel Schierbeek

Some daylight images with the Ultron.

A Bank building of course :)

Forgotten piece of land right in the middle of the new office district.

jonoslack

Hi There
Dreek weather today, so I was forced to try and apply a bit of imagination . . .

oops sorry - selective recolouring - deeply inexcusable . . . and it's a dog as well :OT::eek::eek::deadhorse:

scho

I am guessing that the ASTAT/NEX (which is the tripod collar) for Novoflex NEX mount adapters was used to stabilize the larger lens. (As opposed to the tripod mounting of the camera body which may put undo strain and the camera lens mount).

R
Exactly. Thanks Rich.

scho

That's stunningly sharp edge-to-edge. Wow! Did focus peaking help in determining tilt or did you rely only on focus magnification?

There may be a Samyang in my future.

Joe
I just preset the tilt based on focal length and height of lens from ground, using this table. Is about 1.2 degrees for my setup.

scho

A few shots taken around the old park boathouse and lake using the Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS and A7R. I left the images uncropped so that you can inspect the corners. Sharpness seems pretty good with no smearing or color shift that I could detect.

BSEH

A few shots taken around the old park boathouse and lake using the Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS and A7R. I left the images uncropped so that you can inspect the corners. Sharpness seems pretty good with no smearing or color shift that I could detect.

[/URL]
THANKS.. alot Carl ... for the effort, looks like it's working :) dit you try any shift with it ?

Novoflex NIK to E adapter and ASTAT/NEX - Is it that heavy / big ? I kinda feel my ASTAT/NEX make all more loose and dinky?

tashley

Subscriber Member

A7R with 55 F1.8 beach and boat at dusk... mostly at F1.8 and the last one has a 100% crop to show how awesome this lens and camera combo are (at least, on a retina screen!)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

I pre-ordered an A7r .... cancelled it due to all the angst concerning the shutter...recently brought an A7 kit home but finally succumbed and now have an A7r and a few Novoflex adapters....

SO here is a handheld pic on a very wet rainy day....

Sony A7r Zeiss 50 F2 Macro ZF.2

Stone and Bark

Thanks,

Bob

tashley

Subscriber Member

Here in Grenada, there's an old Russian airfield, the direct cause of the US invasion back in the 1980's. A couple of mouldering aircraft remain adjacent to the strip itself, now used as a dumping ground and drag racing strip. I love the pathos of so much military ambition being left to a few goats and a bull...

nostatic

Is it just me, or are most of these images look spectacular? I'm finally back doing some shooting and had sold off a bunch of stuff, giving my 6D setup to my wife (mostly so she can shoot her sculpture work), and I'm with a GH3 (work cam) as I am doing a fair amount of video and a GM1 just because it is so damn tiny and I can take it anywhere. I had an EM5 as my "fun/creative" camera but sold it awhile ago. I was going to get an EM1 as it seems to have fixed most/much of what I didn't like about the EM5 (mostly the ergonomics/grip). But I look at the fun with EM1 thread and then this one, I find myself drawn to the colors and look of the shots here.

Am I just suffering from GAS, or is there something to it? I did get to handle these and was surprised at how much I liked the A7/zoom combo. It was shower to AF than the EM1, but…those files...

Status
Not open for further replies.