The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Well spotted woodmancy, I think I would just walk by it without seeing it, thanks for sharing.

Yesterday was January 10, 10th day of the year so a good excuse to try some 10 mm shots.
Here's two during twilight of the Wijnegem lock in the King Albert Canal in Belgium.

Both NEX6 + E10-18/4 @ 10 mm

I couldn't decide which one of these I like better, so I posted them both :confused:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Some from the morning stroll... all with the 28-70 which I have tamed but not mastered. Taming involves always either using MF or 'double press AF' and always using a higher shutter speed than feels necessary...

Pike Place Market, Seattle. A7 with Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8.

(...)

Cheers, Matt
Matt: Nice sets again lately. Particularly like, how you captered just the opportune moment in the first one of the last series.

Some from the morning stroll... all with the 28-70 which I have tamed but not mastered. Taming involves always either using MF or 'double press AF' and always using a higher shutter speed than feels necessary...

(...)
Tim: Nice composition and colours, especially in the first one, IMO.

Ben: Particularly like the first one - also a perfect fit to the one of your daughter (?) on the swing you shared a few days ago.

D

Deleted member 7792

Bent tree. A7R + Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS.
Carl, very sharp from near to far. It would be interesting (to me) to see the EXIF data and tilt settings for the tilt-shift images. Keep 'em coming.

Joe

kuujinbo

Really bad weather here. Test shot with A7 and Voigtlander close focus adapter at new MFD with Nikkor 85mm f2 LTM shot wide open.

Hoping the lens works as well stopped down a bit at farther distances.

Last edited:

scho

Carl, very sharp from near to far. It would be interesting (to me) to see the EXIF data and tilt settings for the tilt-shift images. Keep 'em coming.

Joe
Thanks Joe, Tilt setting is same (approx. 1.1 to 1.2, or just "a hair past 1" downward tilt) for all of the images that I've posted so far. Working height was about 114 cm. on my tripod. Aperture was f/11 for most shots. You can access the exif data by clicking once on any image to bring up the linked larger size image and then type command e (Mac) and a small window overlay with exif data will appear. I used the spreadsheet provided at the Northlight link that I posted earlier to calculate tilt for each of my tripod height settings and then printed the table on a small card that I keep in the camera bag.

D

Deleted member 7792

Thanks Joe, Tilt setting is same (approx. 1.1 to 1.2, or just "a hair past 1") for all of the images that I've posted so far. Working height was about 114 cm. on my tripod. You can access the exif data by clicking once on any image to bring up the linked larger size image and then type command e (Mac) and a small window overlay with exif data will appear. I used the spreadsheet provided at the Northlight link that I posted earlier to calculate tilt for each of my tripod height settings and then printed the table on a small card that I keep in the camera bag.
Carl, because it's a non-native lens, the EXIF doesn't pick up the aperture. Are you shooting all of these at f/11? I'm using Exif Viewer 2.0 to view EXIF in Firefox. Thanks again. Good stuff!

Joe

P.S. What a "cm"? :ROTFL:

scho

Carl, because it's a non-native lens, the EXIF doesn't pick up the aperture. Are you shooting all of these at f/11? I'm using Exif Viewer 2.0 to view EXIF in Firefox. Thanks again. Good stuff!

Joe

P.S. What a "cm"? :ROTFL:
Yes, I think that all except one or two images were at f/11 and the others at f/8. I didn't vary tripod height on this series and made sure that camera and tripod were level. I may start batching my shots on import through exif editor to add aperture, tripod ht, and lens tilt/shift data - my memory recall isn't so great anymore.:facesmack:

Status
Not open for further replies.