The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonga

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

This is the most colorful shot I could come up with today.

I think the capabilities of the A7 and Leica 50mm Summicron-R (at f2.8) really shine through in this photo. ;)

m_driscoll

Matt, these are fantastic. you really captured the light, the moments, and the action. I even like how I came out...didn't know I stuck my tongue out with photos though ;)
Ash: Thank you sir! Pham Ming Son's got it right. :p

Pretty exciting 10 mins. for you on Saturday!!!:)

When you're back from New Jersey, we'll go out and shoot again. :grin:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Everyone: Great stuff and thank you very much for the "likes".

Same place; same day; same A7 with Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8.

Cheers, Matt

Michiel Schierbeek

brought the a7r/35 to the job site. just finished the balustrade and railings for the is hotel lobby; made 30 of those complex medallions and all the curly bits. over 200 1" glass balls in those holes. all handheld quick shots with keystone correction in C1

Nice work JLM:thumbs: :clap:
I love this kind of craftsmenship!
Do you have a forge? ( or how do you call it in english?)
Or are they cut out of steel plates?

Are those railings made from glass as well? I reckon they are made from plexiglass.

PSon

She is watching you!

The is the first multi exposure from the A7 I've seen. In medium format you need the new ALPA shutter to do this same function. It is nice to know that we can do the same thing with the Sony A7 and A7R. Thanks Michiel for demonstrating this new feature.

benroy

Subscriber Member

More: Nikon 80-200/4.5 MF w/A7...very good at rendering fine detail.

Last edited:

W.Utsch

Some words on the "Twilight Handheld" mode on the A7R. Not to many people seem to use it though i think there are situations when it is quite useful.

It is some sort of automatic "Idiot" mode you can't change A or S or Iso (you can use manual focus and you can change A on manual lenses oc.) and it gives Jpegs only. But as long as the resulting pic is nice i don't care.

In this situation i was standing on a bridge with no tripod and thought it is so dark here there is no way to take a photograph. Switched to the twilight mode and was surprised with the resulting pic. The cam sees more than your old eyes!
Printed the following pic A2 and it looks stunning!

Frankfurt/Main, Westhafen: With the Zeiss 18/3.5 ZE

jlm

Workshop Member

Michiel: this sort of thing is my main work:
Product and Design Metalwork provides design, fabrication and installation services in New York and California

for the medallions, we start with 1" thick aluminum plate, put in fixturing holes, then cut the bevels on all the perimeter and openings and reduce the thickness on verticals by 1/8" on a CNC mill, reversing the plate to get both sides. similar for the curly parts. part then goes on the waterjet and we cut through. the original intent was polished nickel plate, but they went for paint. the metal surface was mush nicer, in my opinion.

the rail is 1-1/2" round acrylic; I had to make an oven to heat the parts on site and fit the plastic to the curved metal. they are still debating whether to substitute glass

we looked all over for the 3" glass balls...eventually got them from a fortune telling supplier;)

jonoslack

'cor
So many fine pictures in such a short time - Matt the picture of the yellow guy without many teeth is priceless - and your Lizard Tim - but loads of other wonderful shots.

Here are two simple shots with the Noctilux at f0.95 with a 6xND filter and an OUFFRO. Good Fun!

Blowing in the Wind

Ivy Berries

all the best

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel: this sort of thing is my main work:
Product and Design Metalwork provides design, fabrication and installation services in New York and California

for the medallions, we start with 1" thick aluminum plate, put in fixturing holes, then cut the bevels on all the perimeter and openings and reduce the thickness on verticals by 1/8" on a CNC mill, reversing the plate to get both sides. similar for the curly parts. part then goes on the waterjet and we cut through. the original intent was polished nickel plate, but they went for paint. the metal surface was mush nicer, in my opinion.

the rail is 1-1/2" round acrylic; I had to make an oven to heat the parts on site and fit the plastic to the curved metal. they are still debating whether to substitute glass

we looked all over for the 3" glass balls...eventually got them from a fortune telling supplier;)
Nice work and a nice company, so well equiped.
Must be interesting and challenging to find creative solutions for the special wishes of your clients.
I work(ed) a lot with steel, cast iron, aluminium and glass myself therefore my special interest.
Fortune teller glass balls; good find!
Thank you for your elucidation!

Status
Not open for further replies.