The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Jono,

Thank you! And thank you all for the "Likes!" - a very easy camera to get good results...some even think the color is tops!:ROTFL:

The Df will be staying for those days when I need something a bit more direct and fast....

Bob

Knorp

Thanks Bart. Terrific shots. In the last image the ice looks pretty whet.
Of course, I may be mistaken. But how deep is the water?

In my childhood, long ago, we could walk for miles in the middle of a frozen river, the Weser.
One just had to stay clear of the open patches. :D
Hi there Karl-Heinz,

thanks and I can tell you the water is not deep at all !
The ice is wet because of the relative high ambient temperature, I think it was 12℃ or so.

Kind regards.

scho

I spent the day driving around Seneca Lake to drop some prints off at a winery for a show. We stopped briefly in Watkins Glen for coffee on the way home and I grabbed a few shots with the A7R and Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 while walking around town.

The county humane society was open for business.

Don't know what the green electrical cord and yellow thing was in front of this church.

Haven't seen one of these for quite awhile. The lone pedestrian with the orange hat was most likely a rabid Syracuse Univ. basketball fan.

Finally found some coffee in here.

darr

A7r with CV 1.5/50. One of my first shots with this combination.

This was taken through a ferry's (rather dirty) window, hence the flare in places.

Paul
Thanks for posting this Paul and a nice shot!

One of the cool things about this forum is being able to get a glimpse of the world outside of our domains. I never knew they put windmills in the water. Looks like the world is sprouting those things in all corners.

I have not sprung for the A7/7R yet, but I am lurking. :angel:

benroy

Subscriber Member

Minolta 50/2.8 AF macro lens w/A7...very sharp...also impressed with rendering of delicate colors...tiles in pic #5, fungi on root in pic #6.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

From the hotel window and wandering around Dublin at night with the A7 and a Leica lens (I'd know which lens if I learned how to use the Lens Compensation App!).

(

Cheers, Matt

W.Utsch

Matt: To my knowledge, the Lens Comp. App does not write the Exifs to the files.

BTW: I had never a better cam for night shots!

Best regards - keep on posting - love them!

Werner

m_driscoll

Matt: To my knowledge, the Lens Comp. App does not write the Exifs to the files.

BTW: I had never a better cam for night shots!

Best regards - keep on posting - love them!

Werner
Werner,

I thought it did? I guess, I'll just have to pay more attention. :D

Your A7r photos are stunning! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

W.Utsch

Yes, i have named the lenses in the App, but the information is not written to the exifs and does not show up in LR neither in RAW nor in JEPEGs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Michiel Schierbeek

Oh, I am surprised about that. Didn't use it myself. Not even if you scroll down in the metafiles menu in Adobe Bridge either?

Wonder what the use is of this possibility then? Are these settings well saved in camera?

Should try it myself.

W.Utsch

In Bridge or LR nothing - not even in that bad sony converter!
Thats a pity, the App is quite useless.
It seems that you just name the lens in the App to store the different adjustments, thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.