The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

nostatic

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Shooting at work today (not my main job description). Had both the GH3 and A7 w/55/1.8. Available light, handheld. Love how much I can use hamfisted post technique and get something that will work. GH3 worked, but I had less room to work with.

quick and dirty branding photoshop

yeah, need to pay attention to hanging cords ;)

Last edited:

bensonga

My reading glasses....even without them, I could see clearly. Must have been that special glass only used in Leica lenses. ;)
A7 with the Leica 50mm Summicron-R at f2

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member

quick shot getting to work, a7R/ 35mm FE. steam exhaust from power plant back light with sunrise. 6 degrees outside

benroy

Subscriber Member

1st in series of RF lenses w/A7...Zeiss 85/4 Tele-Tessar...images of vine structure on backyard fence...renders very fine detail...I hope transfer and reduction to JPEG keeps detail.

Last edited:

Starck

Lots of great pics here, thanks guys.

Here's a few I took with the Zeiss Otus and the Canon 24mm TS-E II.

24mm TS-E

Otus

Criticisms more than welcomed :D

Godfrey

Have to work this weekend still, but I'll be carrying the A7 and Summilux-R 50mm on this morning's walk.

Some lovely photos, everyone.

Godfrey

roanjoh

From recent snowstorm in NYC/Central Park. I must say, the A7 weather sealing was quite effective.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/1250

First shooting walk with the A7 today, fitted with either of the Summilux-R 50mm or Summicron-R 90mm lenses. The sensor is terrific, the camera a little odd and uneven in its design and implementation but it works well enough, the lenses ...

OMIGOD ... I think my hunch was right! These lenses NEED a FF, high Mpixel sensor to do them justice, and when they have it the imaging qualities are just amazing. Just like they are on film when shooting with the Leicaflex SL.

Very pleased. My goal in buying the camera has been realized.

Now to learn some of the other details about this camera's disorganized, messy menu and control system. It's *almost* right at this point, but no thanks to Sony's interface design and engineering team. Anyone complaining about Olympus menus after using this should likely stick with point and shoots...

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

fotografz

So many beautiful works on this thread … too many to acknowledge individually … just wonderful stuff!

I'm pretty late to this party, but have a few to share from the A7R.

Many of these were shot in available light I would not have considered possible before getting the camera, and a few are extreme crops.

Various lenses used including the native FE35 and FE55, ZA24, and Leica Noctilux 50/0.95.

The biggest question that I have is about the B&W shot … why is the guy putting a cigarette in the girl's ear? :ROTFL:

- Marc

kuujinbo

Nikkor P.C 85/f2 LTM. Nice weather for two days straight - for once in a long time didn't shoot anything wide open.

ashwinrao1

Keith, great to see your images with the camera. Everyone, friggin stellar work. I am heading to NYC tomorrow for a certain Super game of American football. That being said,if any of you have interest in catching up in NYC, I will likely be wandering around with my MM and A7...

Gbealnz

I'd love to catch up Ashwin, you know that, but I can't understand the way you guys play that game, it's different to how we do it anyway.
Gary

D&A

Keith, great to see your images with the camera. Everyone, friggin stellar work. I am heading to NYC tomorrow for a certain Super game of American football. That being said,if any of you have interest in catching up in NYC, I will likely be wandering around with my MM and A7...
Wow, enjoy the game next week Ashwin. That's great you're going! I unfortunately won't be heading up to the city anytime soon, but no doubt someone is bound to recognize and run into you during the week while you're "wandering around the streets". Why it's only a city of over 8 million people...everyone is always running into someone they know all the time, aren't they?....LOL!

As for images in this thread....I echo what everyone has been saying....unbelievable imagery and way too many to simply call out by name, but it's been both informative and a blast going through this entire thread. Thanks everyone!

Marc, to answer your question....isn't it obvious why he's putting the cigarette into her ear? Why, it's to light her fire! :). Oh wait, if he was to do that, he'd have to turn around the cigarette, it's facing the wrong way!....never mind...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.