The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Here's an excitable tree, in front of 40 Summicron on A7 @ f11. No sharpening. Even at f2 this lens covers the whole sensor without smearing or tinting. Best results of all my M lenses.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/thompsonkirk/12146046793/]
Hyperactive tree by thompsonkirk, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:

kuujinbo

Keith, great to see your images with the camera. Everyone, friggin stellar work. I am heading to NYC tomorrow for a certain Super game of American football. That being said,if any of you have interest in catching up in NYC, I will likely be wandering around with my MM and A7...
Thanks Ashwin. :) I know this is the Sony section of the forum, but please tell me you're taking the GR too. Both sets you posted of the Seahawks games were awesome, and could be used by Ricoh marketing to sell more of their cameras.

bensonga

A7 with the Leica 50mm Summicron-R. There was a lot of distracting background around this Raven totem, so this is a cropped section of the most interesting feature, which was about 7-8 feet above me.

Gary

Last edited:

philber

Now there is so much good stuff that I can't comment on al that deserves praise, but this one just dropped my jaw. Well done!

benroy

Subscriber Member

More Zeiss ZM 85/4 Tele-Tessar w/A7...construction equipment.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Hmm gold sign the rest B&W. Now there's a thought. That damn 55 looks good. I'm so tempted this week to get it

biglouis

BW, for me!
Beautiful place , very London.
Nice renovation of St.Pancras, btw.
Yes, that's what I think. Each time I see that view I immediately think 'Ladykillers' if you get the cinematic reference.

Hmm gold sign the rest B&W. Now there's a thought. That damn 55 looks good. I'm so tempted this week to get it
Guy, an absolutely essential lens. I cannot believe the draw on the FE 55. Easily as good as a Summilux in terms of colouration and sharpness. Big, though.

And thanks for the processing idea, off to try and implement it!

LouisB

PS Here it is:

Last edited:

Godfrey

Now there is so much good stuff that I can't comment on al that deserves praise, but this one just dropped my jaw. Well done!
LOL!

I think everyone on this thread has found something that changes the game for them. That may be the biggest and most important contribution of the A7 - it is accessibly priced, it is a good sensor, and it works well with a huge range of our favorite lenses. The camera itself may be a clunky little mess in many way, but that doesn't matter. It inspires us to pursue Photography however that we mean that because we can SEE with it.

Well done, Sony! I forgive you all the crap ... ;-)

G

I agree with Godfrey: This thread – and this camera – have been pleasures to me.

My A7 is with me indoors and out (below), while M9 and X100s are 'on hold.'

Top = 50 2.8 Elmar, which offers just a bit of blue tint in the corners on A7, but doesn't smear. Bottom = 35 FE

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/thompsonkirk/12107042765/]
Kitchen light by thompsonkirk, on Flickr[/URL]

California brown by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.