The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

This is not presented as a great photo - it isn't - but as evidence that the a7r + Voigtlander adapter + Voigtlander 12 mm work just fine together as long as you use an LCC plate. The corners are not 100% perfect but good enough.

Also noteworthy is that this shot was at 1/30th and shows no evidence of shutter vibration and no smearing in the corners (tho' there's distortion of circular objects!).

Bill

jlm

Workshop Member

ashwin:
Pike market nyc version:
if you get to the Chelsea market (west 15th st at ninth ave).
Los tacos and the Thai restaurant are great lunch spots, Lobster Place is a favorite
lots of people watching

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

A couple of pictures at 25mm...

Sony ICLE-7R Zeiss 25 F 2 ZF.2

Pillow on Deacon's Bench

Frisco Heritage Museum 01

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

A few in platinum....

Sony ICLE-7R Zeiss 25 F 2 ZF.2

Frisco Rails and Silo

Frisco Caboose and No. 19

Frisco Steam Engine No. 19

Thanks,

Bob

jaree

Taking advantage of a few minutes of late afternoon sunlight.

Sony A7

Leica Elmarit 90MM:

Mamiya 645 150MM N (some blur from subject movement who just wouldn't sit still):

Last two, WATE at 21MM, F8 (1st one cropped):

-- Eeraj

Another lens that's worth trying?
This is a 1950s 8.5 cm f2 Nikkor RF lens on A7.
I used an Amadeo S to M adapter, then a Voigtlander M to E adapter. The whole thing was a bit wobbly – but with focus magnification, focus was always right on.
F2.8,with focus on near edge of blue gate. It's equally sharp all the way to the corners – no smearing, no color shift.
By 'equally' sharp, I mean it's as sharp at wide apertures as a 50s lens could ever be, with a sort of classic look, probably attributable to some flare. If you like this &/or have Nikon S gear, this lens looks like a keeper.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/thompsonkirk/12165988806/]
1750ArchSt by thompsonkirk, on Flickr[/URL]

ZoranC

Thanks Zoran. I think it was about f5.6. I need to start taking notes when I'm shooting with these lenses again. :(

Gary
Thank you again Gary! Yeah, I know what you mean, same here, if I don't take notes (which I don't tend to do) I am later scratching my head not just which aperture but which lens I shot with LOL

ZoranC

Another lens that's worth trying?
This is a 1950s 8.5 cm f2 Nikkor RF lens on A7.
I used an Amadeo S to M adapter, then a Voigtlander M to E adapter. The whole thing was a bit wobbly – but with focus magnification, focus was always right on.
F2.8,with focus on near edge of blue gate. It's equally sharp all the way to the corners – no smearing, no color shift.
By 'equally' sharp, I mean it's as sharp at wide apertures as a 50s lens could ever be, with a sort of classic look, probably attributable to some flare. If you like this &/or have Nikon S gear, this lens looks like a keeper.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/thompsonkirk/12165988806/]
1750ArchSt by thompsonkirk, on Flickr[/URL]
That is lovely shot, definitely a classic look to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.