The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

A7R with Sony LA4 adapter and Minolta 20mm f2.8 lens, hand held. ISO 400, 1/100 at f9. Center is sharp, corners not bad, edges (left /right) a little soft, but all in all I would not hesitate to make a 20"x30" print. I have also included a 100% crop, actual pixels....no sharpening applied yet
Thanks
Dave in NJ
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.
Dave in NJ

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill, apologies for my ignorance, but what do you mean by LCC plate; what does it entail? Etc.

I did Google it but not with satisfactory results.

Thanks!

Marc
Marc, it's Lens Cast Correction plate sold with Phase One MFDB. Basically it's a square of white translucent plastic - you could like use anything white, flat and milky that allows light to pass through.

You use it by shooting a second shot through it after you have taken your picture, at the same exposure and focus as you used for the shot. Then, in Capture One, you combine the two exposures. Lightroom has a similar facility.

It's usually used when shooting with a tech camera where swings and/or tilts are involved but I often use it for any extreme wide-angle such as the Voigtlander Heliar 12 mm, the Elmarit M 21 mm and even (on the A7r) the Summicron 28 mm.

You can also buy software called Corner Fix which does much the same thing, but not as well IMHO.

It's quite easy, even when shooting handheld, to pop the LCC plate up against your lens shade to take a second shot.

You can "save" your LCCs in Capture One so after a while you can use previously shot LCCs and apply them to other pics from the same lens and characteristics. Then you need no longer create one each time you use the wide-angle lens

Hope this helps!

Bill

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Thanks Peter. I shoot RAW and process in LR. For the WATE shots, the only PP I did is to adjust the exposure/highlights, basically pulling them back and added blacks.

Generally, I don't spend more than 2 minutes on an average for each picture (after that my patience runs out!).

Best,

Eeraj
Eeraj,

so there are then obviously no corner issues as color shift etc even using the WATE on the A7r - good news!

Thanks again

Peter

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Thanks very much, Peter.

Processed in C1 at defaults with a +15 saturation and a lightening of the shadowed verandah, no other adjustments. I have cropped a bit and would clean up the top left corner if I were to print it.
Bill,

that should prove that also the 35 is working nicely on the A7r - no color shift or what so ever. This is very good.

Thanks

Peter

jaree

You are welcome, Peter. Note that I am using the A7 and not A7R. Based on samples I have seen, I believe WATE also works fine on the A7R. It is really a fine lens with superb color and contrast.

Eeraj,

so there are then obviously no corner issues as color shift etc even using the WATE on the A7r - good news!

Thanks again

Peter

bensonga

A couple more of the Raven totem.

A7 with the Leica 50mm Summicron-R lens at about f4 or f5.6.

MarcB83

Bill,

Thanks a lot! Really clear and helpful.

Marc

Marc, it's Lens Cast Correction plate sold with Phase One MFDB. Basically it's a square of white translucent plastic - you could like use anything white, flat and milky that allows light to pass through.

You use it by shooting a second shot through it after you have taken your picture, at the same exposure and focus as you used for the shot. Then, in Capture One, you combine the two exposures. Lightroom has a similar facility.

It's usually used when shooting with a tech camera where swings and/or tilts are involved but I often use it for any extreme wide-angle such as the Voigtlander Heliar 12 mm, the Elmarit M 21 mm and even (on the A7r) the Summicron 28 mm.

You can also buy software called Corner Fix which does much the same thing, but not as well IMHO.

It's quite easy, even when shooting handheld, to pop the LCC plate up against your lens shade to take a second shot.

You can "save" your LCCs in Capture One so after a while you can use previously shot LCCs and apply them to other pics from the same lens and characteristics. Then you need no longer create one each time you use the wide-angle lens

Hope this helps!

Bill

bensonga

Werner -- I'm really impressed with photos you've posted with the Leica Apo-Macro R 100 on the 7R!

Gary

Ben Rubinstein

A7r with 50mm Tak Super @ f1.4 If I'd used magnification rather than peaking it might even have been properly in focus! :D Some pictures come perfect out of camera, changing anything would be a crime. Doesn't happen often to me but this is one.

ZoranC

A7r with 50mm Tak Super @ f1.4 If I'd used magnification rather than peaking it might even have been properly in focus! :D Some pictures come perfect out of camera, changing anything would be a crime. Doesn't happen often to me but this is one.
Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.