The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

OT here. Godfrey love to hear more on the Leica 24r it was never rated that high but it could be a nice look lens. Let us know how that goes in your shooting.
I know that many dis'ed it because it was manufactured for Leica by Minolta. However, my thinking was 'hmm, Leica felt it was good enough to keep in the catalog from 1974 to 2004, unchanged except for electricals in the mount for the later cameras—how bad could it be?'

Entry in the Leica wiki about it:
24mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R - Leica Wiki (English)

Mine's a 1978 example. It's a nice size and weight on the A7, handling feel is good. In my test shooting around the condo, mostly at f/4 and f/5.6, the images look good, they have that signature look and feel I expect from Leica lenses.

Can't wait to do some real shooting with it.

G

Godfrey

There are too many great photos accumulating in this thread to comment on all individually. Great work, everyone! I hope to add a couple more soon ..

G

D

Deleted member 7792

From the Porsche By Design exhibit at the NC Museum of Art:

Joe

Godfrey

My uncle had a Porsche 356 that looked a lot like that one way back when I was a little kid. :)

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

A few more from swim practice earlier this week. All shot with the a900 with the broken select button, and the ZA 135/1.8. I left the iso at 400 just to see what the lens could really do in low light. Photos minimally processed.

The photo of the teen in the orange goggles was taken about 30 seconds after he did a race pace swim. The photo of the younger kids was taken at the end of practice. I wanted a bit more dof and light but I am very happy with the way the photo turned out.

ores12814 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

ivanpool12814 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

bronze12814 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

D

Deleted member 7792

Another classic from the Porsche By Design exhibit:

And a little whimsy, courtesy of the late Janis Joplin:

Joe

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

LOL Not sure this one moved in 40 years but it looks cool. LOL
Shot with the 55 FE at 1.8

Godfrey

Making great use of that CV 21/1.8, Michiel! The A7/A7r might justify purchase of that lens if what you're getting out of it is without doing any corner cleanup!

benroy

Subscriber Member

Guy: regarding the old truck...I would like to see what you could make of the scraped paint on the left front fender (the one to the right side of the pic).

Roy Benson

biglouis

Biggest barge I've seen in that lock, ever.

All with the A7 + FE55/1.8 - the 55 makes a nice reportage lens, imho.

scho

Finally got back up close to the freezing point and went for a walk near our "new glacier". A7R + Leica R Vario-Elmar f/4 35-70.

Edit: One last "elegant rot" image of the old park ranger's house. This is full size so be aware if you click the image you will get a very large image back.

Last edited:

ZoranC

Finally got back up close to the freezing point and went for a walk near our "new glacier". A7R + Leica R Vario-Elmar f/4 35-70.

Edit: One last "elegant rot" image of the old park ranger's house. This is full size so be aware if you click the image you will get a very large image back.

These look very good. Do you happen to remember what aperture / focal length these were at, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.