The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I would like to contribute two uncommon lenses.

A7 + Helios 44-2 58mm
a quite surprising lens from USSR, ugly as they come but quite competent, and will cost you around 25 euro

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/8/2/3/2/helios.jpg

and my prized possession: an uncoated 1936 Leitz Summar 50mm
more expensive but it definitely has character to spare

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/8/2/3/2/summar.jpg
Nice way to see the differences! :)

I'm going to have to try out the '40 Zeiss Biotar 40/2 and '38 Zeiss Tessar 38/2.8 ... both are with Berning Robot II threaded mount, but I have adapters so I can try them on the M-mount adapter.

G

biglouis

Prospecting for treasures on the Thames River bank, below St Paul's and opposite the Tate Modern.

A7 + FE 55/1.8 at f1.8

f64

Nice way to see the differences! :)

I'm going to have to try out the '40 Zeiss Biotar 40/2 and '38 Zeiss Tessar 38/2.8 ... both are with Berning Robot II threaded mount, but I have adapters so I can try them on the M-mount adapter.

G
Thank you.
You certainly should try them: as far as I know the Helios is a Biotar clone.
I'm eager to see the results.
I like old lenses: like listening to digital music with a tube amplifier ;)

gurtch

Some very wild skies here on the south jersey coast lately. Taken Jan 29, 2014. Looks like a "tornado". A7R: 1/30 f8 hand held, monopod. Not as razor sharp as I would want (too lazy for a tripod), but should go at least to 16"x24" as the composition does not depend on minute detail.
Thanks
Dave in NJ

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Hey Bill,
How's that lens behaving on the A7r? Can you post a flat field close-up?

David
Here's flat field shot, David. Not a real close close up. a7r with Sony LE4A adapter and Sigma 70 mm macro at f5.6.

I took a whole series from f2.8 to f11 and really cannot tell one from another except for DOF of the background. I can report there is virtually no vignetting after full aperture and no smearing in the corners. This is no surprise as the rear element of the Sigma is well forward of the mount and about 3 inches from the sensor.

The bottom corners at 100% are just as sharp as the centre with very crisp rendering of the texture of the stone.

MarcB83

Thanks Michiel! and the others who 'liked' it. :)

Question for you all: Is the Sony RM-VPR1 Remote Control the correct wired remote to use with the Sony A7/A7r? The manual seems oddly inconclusive about it, and the device specs look like they were written before the A7 was around.

thx
Godfrey
I am using the low-price Vello IR-S1 IR Remote for Select Sony Cameras. Works without a hitch. $8 at B&H.

Marc

dchew

Well it rained all day yesterday, but woke up this morning back to sticky snow. So I went to one of my favorite places this morning.

Dave

Zeiss 35 f/2

The next three are the Canon 70-200 f/4IS

Metabones adapter

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well it rained all day yesterday, but woke up this morning back to sticky snow. So I went to one of my favorite places this morning.

Dave

Zeiss 35 f/2

The next three are the Canon 70-200 f/4IS

Metabones adapter
That second one is DYNAMITE, Dave!
Bill

dchew

Thank you Steve and Bill!

At over 3600 acres, Holden is one of the largest arboretums in the U.S. Here is one more. 35 f/2:

Last edited:

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/400 s

There was something pure and attractive about the way this bicycle looked. Very appealing to my eye.

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

BSEH

A pic to the "clean file club" - some non payed work for local soccerteam, making a calendar for donations.

A7r - The Zeiss 55 1.8 - in a old cold factory - 16 player - 10 kg flour - and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.