The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I've ordered the Sony FE 28-70mm f3.5-5.6 OSS pending the availability of anything better. Should arrive tomorrow, so we will see.

tashley

Subscriber Member

For use on A7 or A7R Quentin? It is a bit dodgy on the R, seems to misfocus quite often though Jono is sure that it is shutter shake. Well sharp on centre when you get it right, has edge softness that changes sides with focal length and aperture and subject distance but you can't always 'stop' yourself out of trouble. Not terrible, sometimes, quite good.

W.Utsch

TSE L 24/3.5 II, mid upshift, handheld

Another example of the TSE, to avoid reflection of me in the shop-window i was standing to the left next to the door. Full shift to the right, handheld.
The shops name "Torso" is somehow doubled by the "Reduced" sign.

"Torso-Reduced"

Last edited:

Godfrey

The refrigerator magnet gallery is a place of high honor for any photograph. Have you checked your refrigerator lately?

Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 24mm f/2.8
ISO 250 @ f/4 @ 1/60 second

:)

I was testing the Eye-Fi card yesterday with the Sony A7 in the condo and made this quick snap of the refrigerator magnet gallery. Looking at it later, all those pictures brought back a flood of memories. One of the finer uses of photographs.

Oh yeah, the Eye-Fi card works well with the A7. It even geotags the photos (I've stripped the geotag out of the web display photo).

Regards the A7 ... I think Tom Abrahamsson said it best in some post or another. "... It becomes the lens you've fitted to it..." I see that very clearly with these lovely Leica R lenses and with the Nikkor lenses. Presuming a good enough optical-sensor match, the sensor is good enough that the camera itself steps aside and lets the lens qualities shine through. And these Leica R lenses are seductive—there's a quality to what I see with them that may or may not shine through in small-size web presentation, but is very evident in the originals on my 27" display.

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

G

dunders

Subscriber Member

The refrigerator magnet gallery is a place of high honor for any photograph. Have you checked your refrigerator lately? :)
Nice memories! I even recognise some the folks there....

Regards the A7 ... I think Tom Abrahamsson said it best in some post or another. "... It becomes the lens you've fitted to it..." I see that very clearly with these lovely Leica R lenses and with the Nikkor lenses. Presuming a good enough optical-sensor match, the sensor is good enough that the camera itself steps aside and lets the lens qualities shine through. And these Leica R lenses are seductive—there's a quality to what I see with them that may or may not shine through in small-size web presentation, but is very evident in the originals on my 27" display.

G
I like that! But my wallet is twitching.... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.