The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSEH

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

And One more - Team goalkeeper - Hjalte - 50% crop of a misfire..55 1.8 at F/2

Last edited:

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4
ISO 1600 @ f/2 @ 1/60 sec

Don't know how many times I've seen this in a window nearby. Finally I had the right camera with me, ready to make the exposure.

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

Shac

A medley of subjects - 1st four with kit lens, Buddha with Leica R 8-200/4 and Nikon 5T, Lily OM 50/2 - all with A7

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 24mm f/2.8
ISO 100 @ f/8 @ 1/125 s

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

David Teo

Hi

Sharing more from a shoot yesterday with only the FE 55 f1.8 as well as the el cheapo Sony "Easy Choice" SAL 85mm f2.8 SAM lens mounted on the LA-EA4 :) It's an official shoot but I took the chance to give my new (few days old!) 55mm and the newish (2 weeks old) 85mm a workout - mostly shot wide open.

Singer and Lights

A7 + SAL 85mm f2.8 SAM with LA-EA4

Lights, Camera and Action

A7 + FE 55mm f1.8

Starburst and Singer

A7 + SAL 85mm f2.8 SAM with LA-EA4

Photo Editor at work

In the press room, photo editor at work. A7 + FE 55

David Teo

More.....

Performance 1

A7 + FE 55mm

Performance 2

A7 + FE 55mm

The FE 55 is very versatile for small stage setup like this. However, I did run into issues with the camera and lens something not able to focus in lowish light. Below is one example where I nearly missed the moment cos the lens is taking a long time to lock - this would never have happened with my M9 or with manual focus lenses adapted to the A7 :p Think I will still stick to the M9 for fast sequences like this.... or use MF with the FE 55...

Birthday Celebration

On the other hand, if the subject is obedient and willing…. like my dog Whisky….. focus is not an issue :p

Whisky goes Bai Nian (Chinese new year visiting)

There are 2 mandarin oranges in that bag! :p

benroy

Subscriber Member

Michiel: 100% agreement on Zeiss 35-70/3.4...great lens...holds its own with the big ticket 35-70s.

Mark K: glad to see you using the "beercan"...excellent lens that can be found at great bargain prices...just right for the A7. Have you tried other outstanding Minolta lenses: 50/2.8 macro, 100/2.8 macro, 28-135?

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

So when all else fails they say go pray so i did. LOL

55mm 1.8 at F4 ISO 100

Than if praying don't work well there is always the rope. ROTFLMAO

55mm 1.8 at 5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.