The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Just lovely, Michiel!

No real time to do much photography this weekend ... back up against the wall on a critical milestone, need to spend most of my time working. BUT, I went for my Saturday morning walk and carried the A7 fitted with Ultron 28/2 on Novoflex NEX/LEM adapter. Impressions:

- Makes the camera pleasantly smaller and lighter to carry, but frankly I think the Elmarit-R 24mm on the longer adapter actually balances better in the hand.

- First time I've seen a lens on a Novoflex adapter that didn't register infinity perfectly. I'll know whether it's the adapter or lens when I test the Nokton 40 and M-Rokkor 90.

- Focusing is much harder at any lens opening than the R 24mm. This is not a good sign.

Had time to get home with the camera, upload the files into LR, and take a quick look. f/2 is unacceptably soft most everywhere, just barely ok in the center third of the frame. f/2.8-f/4 are usable, f/5.6-f/8 it's reasonably snappy ... but no challenge to the R 24mm.

Although this sounds very negative, the lens' imaging is not without some charm. It's just not particularly sharp on the A7, except for the center portions of the frame, until f/5.6-f/8 or so. It performs much more satisfactorily on the GXR and M9.

Next time out: Nokton 40mm f/1.4 and M-Rokkor 40mm f/2.

Now, back to work.

G

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Again more delightful photos! :)

Got another question for the Sonyista: Does the A7/A7r have user settings to calibrate the in-camera level indicator?

thx

Sharokin

re: Fun With Sony _____

So what's the verdict shooting an A7R and Canon's 17/24 T&S lenses? Which adaptor, if any, would be the better choice for architecture work?
I have heard the metabones adaptor has internal reflection and needs to be taped. Also while the center resolution is better the edges, even after taping or no better than shooting with a Canon. Any other info would be appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.