The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaree

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Michiel - Lovely, these pictures are just popping out of the screen like high def scenes.

-- Eeraj

Etrianto

Thank you Eeraj!
There are wide angle alternatives if you like manual focussing :)
Michiel...your pictures are very great & tempting, the only problem is usd 700 price tag (this one is the cheapest) for the distagon 18/4. My god....the price of legacy manual lens is getting higher and higher. Blame the a7r :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Did not realise the prices went up that high, bought mine for less then half the price years ago. Even the Olympus OM 21/3.5 is going to € 300 these days.

fotografz

A lot of snow on the South Jersey Coast this year. A7R 35mm FE, polarizer filter, conversion in Silver Efex Pro, Tri-X 120 film emulation. At big enlargements on screen, the grain looks like the real thing.
Thanks
Dave in NJ
We need a heart imocon …

Even though I am SICK TO DEATH OF SNOW … I Love this shot! :thumbs:

- Marc

W.Utsch

"Water Tower 2"

This one is converted to a privat home

TSE 24/3.5 II L , 10mm upshift, small tripod - I love the TSE on the A7R

The posterization in the sky is due to JPEG compression!

Annna T

"Water Tower 2"

This one is converted to a private home

TSE 24/3.5 II L , 10mm upshift, small tripod - I love the TSE on the A7R

(..)

The posterization in the sky is due to JPEG compression!
Great picture ! a Bernd and Hilla Becher in color !

I would love to visit the home they have made inside. Are there some more windows on the other sides ?

PS : I own the TSE 24/3.5 but the first version, did you own the first version before the second version ? if yes, how do they compare ? I know that you can now put the tilt and shift in the same dimension, which I can't, but what about IQ, are the corners much weaker than in the new version ?

W.Utsch

Thanks,

no i did not own the first TSE, from reviews i have read the II is supposed to be much better than the first version.

With the Metabones Smart II adapter the lens works perfect for me on the A7r.

Unfortunately i had never used it that much on my 5DMKII : The combination was just to big and bulky for me. Now, though not really small with the A7, i can take the TSE with me in a smallish bag with 2 other lenses with no problems. BTW used as a regular 24 (with no tilt or shift) it is just perfect.

The home in the tower is great!
The tower was converted by two architects that live and work there, i have seen the inside published in a local newspaper when they opened their office.

There where no regular windows allowed in the body of the tower (they found a lot of surprising solutions for that problem). The top story with 360 degree windows is just spectacular.
They could be happy, to be allowed to build the elevator to the outside of the tower...

Godfrey

One from a very long dog walk today...

That's just delightful, Tim. Really like it.

Regards a prior comment:
I find when I take an interchangeable lens setup on walking holidays I tend to stick with one lens - it never seems a good moment to swap them, and as soon as I do, I shoot three frames and then went to change again. I just get more good pictures with a good zoom, even if each individual picture is not as technically good as it would have been with a prime. ...
The whole zoom vs prime thing seems to be a quite personal predilection. I've never gotten comfortable with zoom, particularly mid-range zooms, I guess because when I work with a lens for a while, I begin to see the world in terms of its FoV limitations, and that translates directly into what I make exposures of. With zooms this become significantly more complex unless I simplify and just use one or another focal length setting all the time ... and then why would I carry the additional weight and deal with the slower speed?

When I go on a photo session, I tend to have just camera and one or two lenses with me. I only very rarely switch lenses ... I pick what I'm in the mood to work with when I pack the bag and might switch to the alternate, but that's about it. Particularly when I'm traveling, I only rarely get to the same location more than once per trip so I might as well capture it with the lens that I want for the finish exposure, and carry that.

I can go for weeks and even months with just one lens on the camera. And 80% of all exposures at the same lens opening too. It's just the way it works for me.

G

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks for the comments chaps, i like doing quite low key, formal landscapes and of course the joy of the camera/lens combo I used is that I can make a 40" print if I like !

@ Godfrey, I totally get that approach. I'm very anal about framing and don't like to crop so I find zooms really useful, as long as they are good enough!

Annna T

Thanks,

no i did not own the first TSE, from reviews i have read the II is supposed to be much better than the first version.

With the Metabones Smart II adapter the lens works perfect for me on the A7r.

Unfortunately i had never used it that much on my 5DMKII : The combination was just to big and bulky for me. Now, though not really small with the A7, i can take the TSE with me in a smallish bag with 2 other lenses with no problems. BTW used as a regular 24 (with no tilt or shift) it is just perfect.

The home in the tower is great!
The tower was converted by two architects that live and work there, i have seen the inside published in a local newspaper when they opened their office.

There where no regular windows allowed in the body of the tower (they found a lot of surprising solutions for that problem). The top story with 360 degree windows is just spectacular.
They could be happy, to be allowed to build the elevator to the outside of the tower...
Thanks for all these infos, I appreciate. Mm.. I've got to make some research on this water tower transformation. I'm sure it has been published in some architecture review. I have already seen churches and railways station transformed in homes, but not yet a water tower.

Concerning the TSE lens : I don't take it out so often, although using the TSE lenses was the main reason why I decided to update the 5DI to the 6D.

biglouis

Just some grungy urban landscapes, around King's Cross, London. All A7, first with CV21/1.8 and last two with FE35/2.8

scho

A walk around the waterfront trail with the A7R + Leica Vario-Elmar f/4 35-70. Small images link to un-cropped 50% files.

benroy

Subscriber Member

This wasn't really fun...but...putting these images in the "fun" thread gives them a chance of being seen...all four images (quite sharp, by the way) showing a ring of light like the water mark left by a wet glass on a table top. Adapter used was a Fotodiox...with the A7. Image #4 (lizard) was severely cropped on the right side...but the flare (ghosting?) can be seen on the left

I have a lovely set of Leica R lenses...these were all taken with the 180/4 Elmar R...the other R lenses exhibit the same rings as the 180 used with this adapter. I switched to the Metabones R to NEX adapter and rings are no longer seen.

I'll upload a set with the 180 using the Metabones adapter later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.