The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

re: Fun With Sony _____

Got out of the storage my Leica Apo-Telyr R 280/2.8.

The first time in about 20 years (sill then on film with a R6) that i shot with that lens today. Yes, it is an incredible beast...big and heavy like hell, the size of the cam is irrelevant with this bulk of glass.
The cam with the grip was on a bigger Manfrotto monopod. It was still shaky, so i used high shutter speeds.
A tripod would have been definitely better, well next time.
DOF is of course thin like a knife....

Think the quality of he combination is incredible and i had a lot of fun with that gear...

At the Beaches of the Rhein

pegelli

Great shots Werner, especially like the 2nd one with the lovely contrast between the white bokeh balls and the sharp/dark branches.

Btw, I would love to have a "storage" that turns up a lens like that after 20 years. :toocool:

scho

This lonely little plant was sitting in a dimly lit corner, but I liked the lighting and took a quick hand held shot with the A7R and Leica R 35-70 f4 in macro mode.

f/otographer

So I took a little drive into the country to test out my new RMC Tokina 17/3.5. I wanted to get a decent wide angle that wouldnt break the bank and this one has some ok reviews. Seems to get the job done. Its in pristine shape as well and luckily it came in C/Y mount so I can also use it on my NEX 7 and speedbooster combo if need be. But here it is performing on the a7.

Godfrey

Well, the Elmarit-R 19mm is on the way, but I happened to be at the camera shop today. Glancing into the used gear department, I saw a very good looking Nikkor 18mm f/3.5 AI-S. My curiosity was piqued, I remember this as being a darn good lens once upon a time. I asked my buddy there what they would take for it. He quoted me an absurdly low price... Oh, piffle.

Now I'll be able to compare the two lenses when the Elmarit arrives.

Sony A7 + Nikkor 18mm f/3.5 AI-S
All at f/3.5 for testing ...

I think it does rather well*on the A7, at least wide open and at close range. I'll have to see how it performs at greater focus distances. And, of course, I have the Nikon F to use it with if I ever feel like shooting some film. ;-)

fun fun fun ...
enjoy!

m_driscoll

The New Fun with Sony A7 & A7r Thread

I go away for a while and everything changes. WTF. Let's try and start over.

PS. I was going to post a cat photo, but, Zenfolio is out until 3:00 am PST. I'll post it tomorrow if this thread is still here?

Cheers, Matt

Ben Rubinstein

Would love to hear your experiences with the sharpness and corners stopped down for both your 18mm Godfrey and your 17mm f/otographer. Great pics both!

Re: The New Fun with Sony A7 & A7r Thread

is there any other kind of fun with Sony? I thought everybody has A7/A7r these days ;-)

Well, let's get it back here.. I believe Matt was missing a cat photo, so I'll start!

A7r + FE 55/1.8

Here we go:

//Juha

fotografz

Hey Mods … we ain't done yet … lot's to learn on this camera kit yet …

Speaking of "fun with" news, check this out … A7R using the Voigtlander M lens close-up adapter.

Frankly, I was more excited about this adapter item than the FE24-70/4 that was in the same B&H delivery. :clap:

M lenses just do not focus very closely, but on the A7R with this adapter you can get much, much closer.:thumbup:

This is the M75/2AA … a quick grab shot of a little cup/composition on my kitchen counter to see how close I could get … hand-held, available light, ISO 400, M75AA at f/5.6 or 8 for DOF if I recall correctly.

- Marc

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Have to agree why it was moved. I was in the dark on it.

But did we really have to start with a cat. Geez

Lol

W.Utsch

Feel the same like many of you about the merging of the threads .

Don't know where to post.....:angry:

so i give it a try here:

With the "Beast"

The Beast​

tashley

Subscriber Member

New: Fun with Filters with Fun with A7R...

In honour of today's post over at Lloyd Chambers, I have done something that I have only ever tried in private shame before: Fun with Photoshop Oil Paint Filter. Lord save me. The rest of you, forgive me if you can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.