The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Re: The New Fun with Sony A7 & A7r Thread

Juha: Thanks for the cat! :D
Marc: I, too, have that adapter. You've inspired me to get it out and use it.
Guy: I thought every photo thread had to start with a cat? :ROTFL:
Tim: Hopefully you haven't opened a can of worms? I'll refrain, out of respect for my fellow forum members, posting shots processed with "fried eggs", "deviant 2", "twisty fries", or any of the other LR presets that I've collected. :p
Ben/Guy: I know, but, I liked them separate for the reason noted by Marc.
Werner: That is a beast! what's the blue "ring" in the tree?

Cheers, Matt

Godfrey

New: Fun with Filters with Fun with A7R...

In honour of today's post over at Lloyd Chambers, I have done something that I have only ever tried in private shame before: Fun with Photoshop Oil Pain Filter. Lord save me. The rest of you, forgive me if you can.

Err ...umm ... well the first one is kinda pleasant. But please don't make a habit of that...

G

Godfrey

Another Sony photo thread, I guess.

Sony A7 + Ultron 28mm f/2
ISO 100 @ f/2 @ 1/320 s

enjoy

W.Utsch

Juha: Thanks for the cat! :D
Marc: I, too, have that adapter. You've inspired me to get it out and use it.
Guy: I thought every photo thread had to start with a cat? :ROTFL:
Tim: Hopefully you haven't opened a can of worms? I'll refrain, out of respect for my fellow forum members, posting shots processed with "fried eggs", "deviant 2", "twisty fries", or any of the other LR presets that I've collected. :p
Ben/Guy: I know, but, I liked them separate for the reason noted by Marc.
Werner: That is a beast! what's the blue "ring" in the tree?

Cheers, Matt
Matt: The blue ring is a mark painted on the bush don't know what for, probably for the cut...

dave92029

Flowers during winter...San Diego Botanical Garden, a few days ago.

28-70mm @28mm, f4, 1/160sec., iso 1600

dave92029

Did someone say they want a cat picture...Mr. Jack The Cat, say hello!

28-70mm @68mm, f5.6, 1/160, iso 50

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member
re: Fun With Sony _____

Gorgeous... sod the corners! If you could get a little texture in the ground snow, that would be an all-time winner!

OliverM

The little dog was nervous and ignoring my request to calm down and watch the camera. After a while I made a picture ... the dog was so surprised by the noise of the camera that he finally agreed to look at it. So the second picture was OK (more or less in focus, more or less well framed, but it's a dog).
A7r, 55/1,8

pegelli

I am confused now :confused:
Me too, almost sent a PM to the mods to ask to merge in the "Fun with NEX" and "Fun with NEX7" threads in here as well and it now appears to have been an act of moderator piracy and a new "Fun with a7/a7R" is started. Whatever :facesmack:

I don't mind watching more threads and with my outfit I'm still allowed to post pictures in two of those threads :clap:

dwood

Gorgeous... sod the corners! If you could get a little texture in the ground snow, that would be an all-time winner!
Thanks very much, Tim! I'll work on the foreground texture a bit and see what I can pull out of it. It's fun to make pictures like this now and again...keeps the creative juices flowing.

First try with A7, M lens, and the Adobe Flat Field Plug-In. Looks to me like it works great with Expodisc.

Lens was 40 Summicron @ f2.8 – this lens covers full frame w/o smearing, but of course vignettes at wide apertures.

Kirk

[/url]
Another anti-portrait by thompsonkirk, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Godfrey

love the snow squall. I'd crop a little off the bottom if you can't get any more detail there.

G

Knorp

| leica vario-elmar-r 1:4.0/70-210 |

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |

Status
Not open for further replies.