The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun With Sony _____

Someone complained earlier about cat pictures.. so let's go with another domestic animal, though more common in mountains of south america. So here's a "portrait" of a alpaca at local market fair.

A7r + 24-70/4

//juha

Slingers

I agree with the sentiment here about the different fun with threads to allow people viewing to pick the cameras they are interested in.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Some fun from a windy, rainy beachfront this morning with the 24-70 F4 (also known as 'world's single most useful lens')...

Re: the combined threads, we were using this site as a main place for the 'shakedown' of A7/r, determining how different lenses – not only Sony but M-mount, Canikon, Zeiss, etc. – performed on the new bodies/sensors. The sudden swell in posts here in the 'Sony' category arose from that strong interest. The current mixup runs counter to the interests of both the members and the site.

Please untangle and change back.

jfirneno

Some fun from a windy, rainy beachfront this morning with the 24-70 F4 (also known as 'world's single most useful lens')...

Tim:
I am very jealous of this shot, especially after seeing the environment around it. At first glance I thought you had photographed an abstract art piece in a museum or installation. Excellent framing.
Regards,
John

Don Libby

Thought I'd share this slot canyon from Valley of Fire. A7r, Rokinon 14mm, ISO 160 1/100 f/8 (I think). Used a combination of C1, PTLens and Adobe CC.

Godfrey

They're all three good, but this one is just delightful in every sense. A superb geometry and texture piece. I can feel those shapes in my mind.

bravo!

G

dwood

I agree with John above. This is a superb picture. I'd love to see a large print of this. Really well done, Tim!

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks for all the kind comments on the 'rusty orange shapes' picture, folks. I very rarely 'step on the gas' with sliders (contrast, vividness etc) but the light was very flat so I did and it seems to have worked for once!

nostatic

Kinda bizarre/moody - shot with RX1r in near darkness, then pushed in LR. First on with no NR (just exposure push), second with fairly aggressive NR.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks Thorkil - it's a good job I have this structure within fairly short driving distance - the slot canyons are much more difficult to get to!

Status
Not open for further replies.