The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

f/otographer

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Minolta MD 35/2.8

Just east of desolation

bridge over not so troubled water (MD 35/2.8, in camera miniature effect)

contemplation on the death of summer (md rokkor pf 55/1.7)

jaree

Sony A7 + FE 24-70. ISO 400. Overcast sky, with rain and wind.

Both cropped, 2nd picture about 20% of original frame.

biglouis

Over there
A7R FE 55mm f1.8 at f8

I don't normally quote with the photograph (as it wastes space) but I really like this landscape. I like the way your eye travels from the top to the bottom and there are layers, each with its own interest - which is a strength of the framing and composition. You have captured what the subjects on their bench are seeing.

I also like that it is an exemplar of the 55/1.8. I must try and make more use of it as a landscape lens, myself.

LouisB

Barry Haines

I don't normally quote with the photograph (as it wastes space) but I really like this landscape. I like the way your eye travels from the top to the bottom and there are layers, each with its own interest - which is a strength of the framing and composition. You have captured what the subjects on their bench are seeing.

I also like that it is an exemplar of the 55/1.8. I must try and make more use of it as a landscape lens, myself.

LouisB
Many thanks Louis for your comment, very most appreciated.
I really love the FE 55mm lens it is glued 90% of the time on the A7R...I used to hate all standard lenses (as I thought they were just boring).
My 50mm Summilux-M ASPH was never hardly used in comparison to the FE 55mm...I find that really weird and can't explain it, especially as I prefer manual focus lenses over AF.
I was very fortunate that the lady put her arm out at the time as it does aid the composition as you say...Thanks again...Cheers Barry

I am quite certain that Michiel’s red ships had a big influence on what I was shooting yesterday.
So you can blame him if you don’t like my red images...:D:D:D
All shot in a very, very, very dark tractor shed that I found at St Winnow, Cornwall.
All taken with the A7R and 55mm F1.8 FE at f1.8 and at 1/60th.
Thank goodness the A7R handles low light scenes well as I was quite happy to shoot above 3200 ISO for some of these.

SEEING RED.

Cheers Barry

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

NEX5NIR on a RhinoCam with 80mm f/2.8 Hasselblad Planar. Eight shot (4x2) Stitch using AutoPano Pro. 113 MP image after cropping. Small image below links to 25% file. Detail is a 100% crop from original (note fly on rock). Tried using the A7r on the RhinoCam and although it will mount in horizontal mode OK, you can only do a 3 shot pano stitch.
Correction. I was able to use the A7r on the Rhinocam in landscape mode to shoot a 4x2 pano. Portrait orientation is not possible because the grip is too thick for rotation.

See post #8 in this thread

Barry Haines

"Love the tractor and the ships, guys! :)"...Many thanks Godfrey, most appreciated.

"Almost Red" Excellent again Werner, more than good enough for the train category:)

Now if we can just find a red plane and Quentin buys a red Ferrari...We will have planes, trains and automobiles covered (in RED that is).

My last two red tractors (for now)... A7R + FE 55mm f1.8 at 1/60th.

Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.