The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

f/otographer

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

A7 with Yashica ML 50/1.7. Some photos from An Evening in the Park with my daughter. All shot in High Contrast B&W and straight out of the camera.

Barry Haines

Since you cannot display images greater than 1200x1200 pixels.
This is an experiment to see if you can put one image on top of the other (hopefully seamlessly).
This a single shot 55/f1.8 image processed in 2 halves (1200x1200) = (1200x2400).

e_dawg

So many nice pictures in this thread, i don't know where to start. Is the A7(r) responsible for so much creativity? :thumbup:

jfirneno

Bugs and Buds (A7S)

Come on, who isn't fascinated by endlessly repetitive pictures of insects on backyard flowers. Well actually everyone except people who chase endlessly around the backyard after the aforementioned insects. The files are actually very nice with the A7S (see earlier post A7S macro for raw files).

Enjoy(?)
Regards,
John

pegelli

This is an experiment to see if you can put one image on top of the other (hopefully seamlessly).
This a single shot 55/f1.8 image processed in 2 halves (1200x1200) = (1200x2400).
It works (really fits seamlessly), but since my monitor is not that "high" I can't see the whole picture at once and need to scroll up/down, which takes some joy out of looking at the picture, especially this one.

Barry Haines

It works (really fits seamlessly), but since my monitor is not that "high" I can't see the whole picture at once and need to scroll up/down, which takes some joy out of looking at the picture, especially this one.

Hi pegelli,
Not wishing to be flagged with the "Lecture emoticon" ;) - Please see this as a way of my explanation to you and others here that may be interested.
First and foremost it was just an "Experiment" to see how it appeared (seamless or not).
We are (currently) limited to 1200x1200 px images and cannot go any further sideways only downwards with additional images...It would look decidedly odd if members started to upload their landscape panoramics rotated through 90 Degrees - I am not suggesting that!
I fully understand and appreciate that the majority of viewers are using monitors with lower resolutions than 1200x2400 px and scrolling kills the experience somewhat as you say...However I suspect some are using monitors which can easily achieve seeing the whole image (with rotatable screens).
With the likes of auto-size and 10.1" Android Tablets such as the Nexus 10 (2560x1600 px - Easy hand rotatable) and the emergence of Consumer 4K TV's with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 and even 8K (7680x4320 px) on the horizon (2020 Olympics in Tokyo is being considered in 8K) - I can imagine that the current 1200x1200 px size limitation that we post now, might one day appear like analyzing postage stamps on a letter (somewhat killing the joy in the future also) - Scrolling vs. Zooming - There is no easy answer and no pleasing everybody I suspect!
Cheers Barry

Annna T

That's when using a tablet comes in handy :), especially those with a high resolution retina display.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Somthing entirely different now:

The historical Saint Felix warehouse on the Willemdok in Antwerp is certainly worth a visit

Central Hall

A nice place for a lunch or dinner on the ground floor

And plenty other good stuff you can buy there

All NEX6 + E16-50PZ

biglouis

I've been documenting the progress of the transformation of the east end of London Wall, on the edge of the Square Mile. In particular the removal of the St Alphage High Walk - which has sentimental associations with poorly thought out post-war town planning.

Sony A7+CV15/4.5

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Shooting the photo shoot. Rapidly disintegrating Sony a900 with ZA 135/1.8.

Son's football team was in the midst of a photo shoot. Thought I would leave the heavy lifting and the "good" photos to the "pros" so I rode the pine on the sidelines. He recently decided to switch to water polo, so............

shoot by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

scho

My favorite little 28 on the A7R. The M-Rokkor 28mm f/2.8 mounted with the Phigment adapter.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Clever and totally fine ;)

Issue was this: We had a few posters a while back that insisted on posting every single one of their images at full resolution, and they honestly weren't very good images to begin with. We tried a dedicated thread for large images, but unfortunately the forum software only allows global settings, and again, too many folks didn't understand or simply refused to play within the rules and frankly acted like spammers wildly posting huge images. We received complaints from EU, South American and Chinese viewers, as well some of our more rural area viewers here in the US, because they simply didn't have access to fast enough net to deal with the huge images. Guy did some background research on the list of violators and came to the conclusion it was driven by another photo fora site that had a bone to pick with us. Anyway, in the end to maintain the site viewability for all customers, we had to limit the image size to 1200x1200.

Note you can host a full sized image remotely, and embed the link here to allow those that wish to click and wait for it to load to do so.

Sorry to take the thread OT, but felt an explanation was warranted. Carry on!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Clever and totally fine ;)

Issue was this: We had a few posters a while back that insisted on posting every single one of their images at full resolution, and they honestly weren't very good images to begin with.
So now we see an oversized photo of a fat guy with tats and no real resolution issues that necessitate an oversized image....

My vote is to respect the choices imposed by the 1200 x 1200 limit...link to an off site if your need is to show every mole on the protagonists chest...but allow the majority of us to live large in our ignorance....

JMHO....

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

That's when using a tablet comes in handy :), especially those with a high resolution retina display.
Whole different issue here...and I support the high resolution retina display numbers ... thought I had issues with my pics until I got a retina display iPad...

When the site goes high res I am all for posting at the max resolution...not before.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.