The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Did not dare till now, I am so afraid...I was at Adorama though. And quess what; I didn't buy anything!

Only Americans can make such a massive monument! Really impressive!

JMaher

An odd combination so I am posting it twice:)

Composite with a photo I took in Florence with an Olympus EM-1 for the background and an A7r for the model.

Jim

Comtemplation by jmmtampa, on Flickr

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Taken in the town Sarlat-la-Canéda, Dordogne (S.W. France).
The hopeful shop keeper across the street (seen in the mirror reflection) was keeping a beedy eye on this potential buyer...Whilst I was trying to frame them both together...Cheers Barry

pegelli

Yesterday when looking into the skimmer of our pool I saw a small scared lizard desparately hanging on to a felt bag that we use to add flocking agent to the water

I felt for the little creature and lifted the whole thing out and put it on the deck, very careful not to tip him (or her) into the water

After a few minutes it began to trust the guy with the big bazooka and started moving slowly off the bag

And after that it quickly ran over the deck to the safety of the bushes in the garden

All A850 + Sigma 180/3.5 macro

MikalWGrass

Shot yesterday in Cocoa Beach, FL, my old stomping grounds. I went to the beach to soak in a bit of beach air when I saw kites. I ran back to the car to get my trusty and loyal, but increasingly temperamental Sony a900. Initially I took some shots with the ZA 135/1.8 but then switched to the Sony 70-200/2.8G to give myself a bit more range. Would've slapped on the 1.4x extender but the lens does not focus with the extender. I am posting one shot now but will post more later. The close ups are being "worked on."

KiteSurfing1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

pegelli

Nice shot Mikal, only the sea is draining empty to the right :lecture:

Reminded me of some shots I took 3 years ago at the beach in Knokke (NEX5 + Olympus OM 135/3.5)

Shac

Views from an overnight on Hannigan Mtn (Mt Baker area) 1st 2 with Nex 6 & 18-55 kit lens

Last 2 with Nex6 & 90 Elmarit-M (v2)

MikalWGrass

Pegelli - I know what you mean about the sea disappearing. The sky was darkest on that side of the beach because of the approaching storm but I liked the contrast of the kite against the sky. I will post close ups later.

D

Deleted member 7792

Red, white and...green?

Joe

MikalWGrass

A few more of the same kite surfer. Taking the photos is great, post processing is less great. Some of the photos are heavily cropped. Shots are pretty much out of the box with a little green saturation added to the water because it was mud brown, and bit of orange desaturation on the skin. I really enjoyed taking these spur of the moment shots, even though they aren't "Pulitzer" quality. Hope you gents, and ladies, enjoy them.

KiteSurfing5 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

KiteSurfing13 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

KiteSurfing15 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

KiteSurfing18 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

KiteSurfing16 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

scho

Return of fall crocus to the garden. A7R+Cambo Actus+Hasselblad CF 80mm planar.

Status
Not open for further replies.