The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

I love your images of the Cornish coast, Barry! Here's one taken just a short paddle down the river Camel from Padwstow:
Thank you so much Ron, most appreciated :) I never tire of photographing the Cornish coast as you may have gathered by now :D

Nice one :thumbup: I’m pretty certain I know precisely where that shot of yours was taken!...Pretty much dead opposite my "Across the estuary" image.

This was taken a few miles south of Tintagel.

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I really like the black and white's you have been posting lately Pegelli. That cable car one almost looks like an IR shot.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks Slingers,

The bold B&W conversion worked well, we had a lot of harsh sunshine and then getting good colours in sun and shadow is a real challenge. Here's one I processed in colour, I specifically kept it quite harsh and contrasty to complement the light we had there.

NEX5 + E10-18/4

Barry Haines

^^^^ excellent, Barry!
Thanks Doug, your good taste is impeccable as usual ;) :ROTFL:

Have been re-evaluating the BLENCOMO workflow that I wrote up earlier within this thread, made a few changes to the sequence and hey presto the noise reduced dramatically!
This shot was taken handheld this afternoon near St. Agnes....Taken at iso 50 where the noise would still be quite obvious after treatment.

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

You know folks not sure anyone is posting A7s images here but you certainly can. I could change the title of the thread to Sony A7 series cameras. Let me know

Ron Pfister

This shot was taken handheld this afternoon near St. Agnes....Taken at iso 50 where the noise would still be quite obvious after treatment.
Another splendid image - thank you so much for sharing! If I'm not mistaken, this is the same location as that seen in the large b&w print behind the counter in many Rowes bakeries across Cornwall. Is that so?

Barry Haines

Another splendid image - thank you so much for sharing! If I'm not mistaken, this is the same location as that seen in the large b&w print behind the counter in many Rowes bakeries across Cornwall. Is that so?

Thanks Ron, I suspect you are probably right it's just the sort of thing a Cornish bakers would do - I will have to checkout Rowes the Bakers next time I'm in Truro :)
That particular tin mine has been snapped a bazillion times before as it's actually on the S W coast path itself, as it was I had to wait patiently for around a 50 tourists to leave before getting my crack at it.

Thanks Michiel most appreciated :salute:
It's a lovely walk between Chapel Porth beach car park and St. Agnes.

Guy +1
That makes perfect sense...I always suspected that was how you originally intended this thread to be from the very start.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

It was and now the title has been changed. Thanks everyone for your input here and please post all three A7 Series Cameras. Please as always let us know camera and lens as that really does help all the end users. Let it rip

Status
Not open for further replies.