The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwood

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

^^^^^^^^^

Excellent, Barry! And if someone told me I could only use one lens on my a7r, the FE 55 would be it, hands down.

Barry Haines

^^^^^^^^^

Excellent, Barry! And if someone told me I could only use one lens on my a7r, the FE 55 would be it, hands down.
Thank you Doug...Like you I love this lens...Lets hope the new Sony releases shine like this one does.
I see that you got yourself the 16-35mm in the end...I hope you are enjoying it. It partners very well with the 55mm as a nice lightweight travel lens kit.
Your 35mm Sigma Art replaces very nicely the weaker end of the 16-35mm
It's late here so must get some sleep now :sleep006: :sleep006: :sleep006:
Chat later cheers Barry

dwood

Thank you Doug...Like you I love this lens...Lets hope the new Sony releases shine like this one does.
I see that you got yourself the 16-35mm in the end...I hope you are enjoying it. It partners very well with the 55mm as a nice lightweight travel lens kit.
Your 35mm Sigma Art replaces very nicely the weaker end of the 16-35mm
It's late here so must get some sleep now :sleep006: :sleep006: :sleep006:
Chat later cheers Barry
The 16-35 is a recent purchase and I still need to shoot with it a bit more but so far, so good. I really like the Sigma. I'm sure most folks don't care for the size of it, but that doesn't bother me. Nothing puts a smile on my face like the 55 though. It's special. Talk soon.

-Doug

Shac

Playing with stacking (Zerene Stacker). A7 and 100mm Apo-Macro

Same at 1:1 with Elpro

Chrysanthemum

jfirneno

Greetings from Super Blizzard Juno (aka oh my aching back)

Regards,
John

A7S 12mm Sigma zoom

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A few from last night while I was sitting around. Mighty ZA 135/1.8, wheezy Sony a900. I thought I would try panning but instead I wound up with slow shutter speed. Figured out that I need a background for panning to show movement, after the fact. Duh.

Thanks in advance for the likes.

PoppFly by mikalgrass, on Flickr

jrodfly1 by mikalgrass, on Flickr

Irenaeus

Regards,
John

You take CARE of that back, John, and of the heart that's connected with it! Snow shoveling can be unexpectedly dangerous!

Nice picture, though:salute:

Irenaeus

jfirneno

Regards,
John

You take CARE of that back, John, and of the heart that's connected with it! Snow shoveling can be unexpectedly dangerous!

Nice picture, though:salute:

Irenaeus
Thanks Irenaeus:

You're right snow shovelling is considered a heart-risky activity but two things are in my favor:

1) This snow, although 30 inches deep was very dry and therefore relatively light.
2) After thirty years of living with the frozen hell that is New England winter I consider death by heart attack anytime before February as a net positive.

Regards,
John

pegelli

^^ Especially like the first one, very dynamic.

I went to the (mainly) deserted ghost town of Doel in the Antwerp harbour area.

It has some pretty neat graffiti (among other interesting subjects)
Here's a small sample:

1: Kitty

2: Birdy

3: The ultimate use of biogas :wtf:

All NEX6 + Panagor 28/2 (OM mount)

Shac

A week ago (20 Jan) - Nex6 and Tamron 18-200. Pineapple express came through a couple of days ago and snow almost gone!

Barry Haines

These two guys had been fishing all day in the bitter cold wind...I quickly took my snap and hurried back to Padstow for a hot coffee to warm myself up.

LARGER

Barry Haines

Barry - That's Polzeath beach surely?

[BTW; I'm resigned to you torturing me with pictures of Cornwall ..........].

.............. Chris
Hi Chris....It was taken just outside of Padstow town on the otherside of the memorial at the top of the hill going out towards Hawkers Cove...The Rumps are on the right in the far distance and Stepper Point on the left hand side....Polzeath and New Polzeath (and Daymer beach) would be towards you on the right hand side but are just out of shot.
Cheers from the Kernow Snapper :rolleyes:

Chris C

.... towards Hawkers Cove...The Rumps.. right.... Stepper Point.. left.....
Barry - Thanks. Not to be taken personally; but your 'Rumps' are my 'Pentire Headland'.

[Memories of long sunny Sundays, thermos tea, in and out of the surf, and always the Beach Boys at No. 1 on Pick of the Pops].

I may well have rose tinted memories....

............. Chris

MikalWGrass

P, thank you. The first shot is of the coach's son. He was in the lane closest to where I was sitting on the pool deck. The coaches and swimmers don't mind me sitting on my butt next to the pool because they know I am taking pics. The kids like the pics, and the adults like them even more because I don't charge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.