The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsng

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

From my recent trip to Turkey. Ruins at Hierapolis. A7R w/ FE 55 f1.8

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Yes Tim, you recognized it...It's a great location for photographing in Devon...Hope to return one day with the A7R...Many thanks..
Barry

Here is another one, same location but taken from the other-side...Nex-5N + ZM 50mm Planar

LARGER

Last edited:

tbhv55

Yes Tim, you recognized it...
Not much of an achievement on my part...;) I can't think of anywhere else (in the South-West, at least) that looks similar...!

I like the second shot too, though I prefer the first since it displays the wonderful location more emphatically. When I tried (some years ago) to photograph that chapel, I was completely underwhelmed by my feeble effort, and deleted most of the shots.:( Obviously there must have been some kind of problem with the gear...;););):D

Barry Haines

Not much of an achievement on my part...;) I can't think of anywhere else (in the South-West, at least) that looks similar...!

I like the second shot too, though I prefer the first since it displays the wonderful location more emphatically. When I tried (some years ago) to photograph that chapel, I was completely underwhelmed by my feeble effort, and deleted most of the shots.:( Obviously there must have been some kind of problem with the gear...;););):D
Many thanks Tim...I'm glad you did recognize it...Otherwise somebody may of thought I cloned that church in from another photograph :eek:

PS. What a novel excuse camera equipment failure...I must remember that one :p

Edit....Another image from your neck of the woods...Wistman’s Wood :LOL:
Ancient Dwarf Oakwood on Dartmoor.... Nex-6 + 35mm Biogon ZM

From Wiki...The name of Wistman's Wood may derive from the dialect word 'wisht' meaning 'eerie/uncanny' or ‘pixie-led/haunted’. The legendary “Wild Hunt” in Devon is particularly associated with Wistman's Wood – The hellhounds of which are known as Yeth (Heath) or Wisht Hounds in the Devonshire dialect.

LARGER

Last edited:

pegelli

Great work on the chapel Barry, I'm glad you look at the "sleepers" on your hard drive once in a while :thumbup:

Two from "Day 50" (feb 19)

Tree line reflection

A850 + Minolta AF 50/1.4

Not one step closer!

NEX6 + Minolta MD 50/2

Barry Haines

Great work on the chapel Barry, I'm glad you look at the "sleepers" on your hard drive once in a while :thumbup:
Many thanks Pieter..Likewise with your "Tree line reflection" love the delicate reflection in that particular one :)
Plenty of "sleepers" on my HDD's, nice to take a peep occasionally and just let one or two of them see the light of day here...but most are best kept in hibernation if you get my drift ;)

tbhv55

Edit....Another image from your neck of the woods...Wistman’s Wood :LOL:
Ancient Dwarf Oakwood on Dartmoor.... Nex-6 + 35mm Biogon ZM

From Wiki...The name of Wistman's Wood may derive from the dialect word 'wisht' meaning 'eerie/uncanny' or ‘pixie-led/haunted’. The legendary “Wild Hunt” in Devon is particularly associated with Wistman's Wood – The hellhounds of which are known as Yeth (Heath) or Wisht Hounds in the Devonshire dialect.
Another excellent shot Barry - and yes, I know it well. We used to live just a few miles away and we'd sometimes go walking up there, but we haven't been there in recent years.

It's an interesting place, and does have a slightly "eerie" feel. It's also quite difficult to capture properly in a photograph, as I discovered on a couple of occasions... (I do seem to have been a little unlucky with all these equipment failures...;)).

You've caught the flavour of the place rather well though.:thumbup:

V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Some one has to do it in UV and who is better equipped? :angel: ;)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Hacked A7, Ultraviolet capture, Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.