The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks Tom.

That old Rokkor did quite well against the sun. Fortunately I got an original hood with it.

Here's another one, gives you an idea of the enormous size of the new lock

NEX6 + MC Rokkor 58/1.4

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Tom...Love the title and image...Super quality IQ from the Rokinon 14mm...I have to ask did you have to crop back to get those excellent corners?...TIA...Cheers Barry

Taken looking back in the other direction along the SW coastal path with the Zeiss Contax 28mm Distagon.

LARGER

V

Vivek

Tom, It is getting better. :)

pegelli

Nice Slingers. the 2nd is lovely and high on the cute-o-meter. The third is a fine landscape. Only there's quite a lot of dust bunnies flying through the air in that one.

frozenbb

Thanks, Barry, Vivek. I've been loving both of your recent offerings as well.

As for the Rokinon/Samyang/Bower/whatever: The above shot is ever so slightly cropped on the left, in order to remove a nasty flare caused by my inexperience and that giant protruding front element. The right side is untouched. If there is any smearing in the corners, it's slight to nonexistent at f8 and beyond.

Another tidbit about the lens is that even in non-adapted e-mount, there are no electrical contacts of any kind. They had to keep the costs down somehow, I suppose.

Barry Haines

Thanks, Barry, Vivek. I've been loving both of your recent offerings as well.

As for the Rokinon/Samyang/Bower/whatever: The above shot is ever so slightly cropped on the left, in order to remove a nasty flare caused by my inexperience and that giant protruding front element. The right side is untouched. If there is any smearing in the corners, it's slight to nonexistent at f8 and beyond.

Another tidbit about the lens is that even in non-adapted e-mount, there are no electrical contacts of any kind. They had to keep the costs down somehow, I suppose.
Thank you Tom (and for the tidbit)...most appreciated...It looks like you squeezed every last drop of goodness out of it...Cheers Barry :thumbup:

Shac

A couple of dicky birds shot this March - one from the Pacific coast of southern Mexico (nex 6 and Tamron 18-200) and the other on a mountain top north of Vancouver (A7 and Canon 200/4 FDn)

iiiNelson

Slightly misfocused or not it's a stunning portrait. I don't think it's super easy to tell at this resolution anyway.

chiquita

No, can't tell unless I zoom in.... which I did! Tina is a make up artist and although she was just visiting socially with her new puppy it was too good an opportunity to miss. She has great skin and needs very little pp and of course her make up was vibrant.

V

Vivek

The focus was fine but there was a bit of movement/shake.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
7s, Olympus pen F 60/1.5, Paris

Slingers

Nice Slingers. the 2nd is lovely and high on the cute-o-meter. The third is a fine landscape. Only there's quite a lot of dust bunnies flying through the air in that one.
After the sensor was cleaned it was like a ND filter was removed and I had gained an extra stop. :ROTFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.