The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

^^ Nice viewpoint on that last one Slingers. I really like the color and texture contrasts that are in that picture between the station building, the train and the ferns.

V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Easter Weekend near the Grote Kerk (Big Church), The Hague. Ultraviolet capture

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Hacked A7, Ultraviolet Capture, The Hague

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Re: Fun With Sony _____

The grave site of Able Seaman John Hartnell, member of the ill-fated Franklin Expedition, who died in 1846 at the age of 25 yrs.

This is on Beechey Island in Canada's high arctic and one of the loneliest places I have ever visited.

nsng

I photographed this cat, but I could see my own image in his/her eye. A7r w/FE55 f1.8

etrigan63

Wow, what happened in that third shot? There looks to be chromatic aberrations everywhere! It makes my eyes cross! The rest look great!

mbroomfield

Thanks Vivek, my typical PP (used at import in LR) is to reduce contrast and saturation and push clarity and vibrance to compensate. I leave auto CA correction on at all times then start looking at shadows, midtones and highlights to see what needs work. One needs to be careful of course but I find that gives me a much better developed raw than starting from defaults.

I have posted a couple of 1/2 sized jpegs, one PP'd as above and the other default LR settings to allow people to look at the corners especially, both with auto CA and without. These are the links so you can see what I started with as well as examine in more detail.

Large, LR defaults, no CA
Large CV 15mm Heliar Sony A7r : LR PP with auto CA photo - Mike Broomfield photos at pbase.com
Large, with PP
Large CV 15mm Heliar - Sony A7r : LR defaults photo - Mike Broomfield photos at pbase.com

Status
Not open for further replies.