The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Further to the post above (# 6665) a few more from the next day (April 8):

Unfolding the three flower heads

Starting to show it's colour in the most advanced one

The third flower head is still very small

A last one from April 7

All 4 above A850 + Sigma 180/3.5 APO macro

And how it all started:
March 21:

NEX6 + SMC macro Tak 50/4

April 3:

NEX6 + Nokton 35/1.2 II

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Something different, last Friday was the 100th day of 2015, so time to use my OM Zuiko 100/2.8. It always loses out to the OM Zuiko 85/2 and is my least used lens (only 1 test shot in my Lightroom Library, that's all). After this maybe I'm going to take this one along a bit more often, because I like what it produced in terms of rendering, sharpness and bokeh.

Bull (@f 2.8)

Magnolia (@f 2.8)

Lane (@ f 8.0)

All on a NEX6, exifs are in the files.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Taking a class in local waterway photography. It's spring!

--Matt

Michiel Schierbeek

Taken this afternoon over in Salcombe, Devon.
Nice to see the bay of this lovely town again. I have fond memories of this place. Had a lovely Italien birthday dinner as well there at the time.

Another one more close up at with less blown highlights :)

V

Vivek

Plum (P. domestica) flowers in Ultraviolet. Spring appears to be over already and there has been a sudden change from winter to summer.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Hacked A7, Ultraviolet capture

frozenbb

^^^ I always love your harbour shots - such a mass of steel, light, and color!

biglouis

Dog Leg's of the East End, Revisited (Brick Lane, Sclater Street and Cheshire Street).

Sony A7S+Loxia 2/35

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks a lot for this Bill! I too have the 70-400 G, and so far I look at it as the very best zoom I ever had, but this Tamron is certainly very very tempting. I have no idea about the micro adjustment thing, is there a procedure that you follow to find the right settings or was this trial and error?

Georg, I just set the camera on a tripod and focus on something with fine detail at about the distance I would normally expect to use the lens. I then take several shots on each side of "0" micro adjustment - generally +5,+10 and + 15, then -5,-10 and - 15. Examine them at 100% and you quickly see whether you need a plus or minus adjustment.

In my case, the - 10 and -15 were equally sharper than "0" so I zeroed in between with -11, -12, -13 and - 14. I found -12 to be the sharpest on my a7II.
The only lesson I've learned is that a bird about 5 metres away at 600mm has NO dof until about F11! I've got a lot of birds with sharp eyes and blurred beaks, or with the fox, sharp eyes but soft ears!

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Georg, I just set the camera on a tripod and focus on something with fine detail at about the distance I would normally expect to use the lens. I then take several shots on each side of "0" micro adjustment - generally +5,+10 and + 15, then -5,-10 and - 15. Examine them at 100% and you quickly see whether you need a plus or minus adjustment.

In my case, the - 10 and -15 were equally sharper than "0" so I zeroed in between with -11, -12, -13 and - 14. I found -12 to be the sharpest on my a7II.
The only lesson I've learned is that a bird about 5 metres away at 600mm has NO dof until about F11! I've got a lot of birds with sharp eyes and blurred beaks, or with the fox, sharp eyes but soft ears!
Understood, thanks a lot Bill!

I shot with a Zuiko 90-250mm f/2.8 for a while, translating into a 180-500mm on 4/3. Pretty large hunk of glass but a superb performer. At around F8 beaks and eyes were sharp.

mbroomfield

Great photos above ... spring is only just getting going here in New England.

The ice has finally gone though (24mm TSE)

Some bulbs are coming up (Scilla), but no Magnolias yet (24mm TSE heavily corrected for vertical)

Beautiful texture on old Beech (Mamiya A 150mm/2.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.