The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Took a longish walk today across Dartmoor and found this old abandoned farmhouse miles from anywhere!
I took quite a few pictures, these are just a few showing it off in its bleak surroundings
All taken with either the 16-35mm f4 FE or 35mm f1.4 FE

4season

Just another snapshot taken on my way into the office (I may be a bit obsessed with backlit foliage).

From late 2014's The Provoke Era exhibit at the Crocker Museum, Sacramento California.

biglouis

Just one to keep the thread going while we all drool over 7rIIs and Qs.

A7R+Loxia 2/35

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

^^ nice bag :thumbup:

While most of the talk :chug: on the Sony forum is about the new a7RII let me show you some "old fashioned" A 850 shots ;)

1: Walschaerts steam distribution

2: Departure

Barry Haines

Edit...Nice one Louis, I only just saw the moon after I scrolled up and liked ;)

One of the “Lost at Sea” memorials at Cardiff Bay, this one is called - The Merchant Seafarers
That A7R2 with it’s IBIS and new sensor would have probably allowed me to shoot this handheld close to base ISO instead of hand holding the A7R at ISO 6400 :cussing:

LARGER

k-hawinkler

Barry,

Nevertheless a stunning image. I don't find the noise distracting.
It sort of supports the somber mood of the sculpture.
I also like the Sunstar as a symbol for hope.
Thanks.

Barry Haines

^^ nice bag :thumbup:

While most of the talk :chug: on the Sony forum is about the new a7RII let me show you some "old fashioned" A 850 shots ;)
That’s not that old Pieter :p ;) :D - Here is some real vintage Sony nostalgia for you...DSC-R1 :eek:
Unfortunately with my usual typical rubbish processing from that period also (2006)...Yes that’s before GetDPI was even born :ROTFL: and when Jack was just a young lad over on Rob Galbraith (with a few others here) :D
(Actually my processing is just as lousy today :LOL: )

LARGER

PS. +1 nice leather bag Slingers :thumbup:

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Barry,

Nevertheless a stunning image. I don't find the noise distracting.
It sort of supports the somber mood of the sculpture.
I also like the Sunstar as a symbol for hope.
Thanks.
Thank you K-H for the very kind comment...I don't mind a bit of noise but I try not to go above ISO 1600 if I can help it...Cheers Barry

pegelli

Nice shot Barry, your eye was already pretty good then (sensors not)

Before they were called Sony the DSLR's were called Konica Minolta ;)

Here's one from Venice in 2007, at that time 6MP was considered "huge" :toocool:

Barry Haines

Nice shot Barry, your eye was already pretty good then (sensors not)

Before they were called Sony the DSLR's were called Konica Minolta ;)

Here's one from Venice in 2007, at that time 6MP was considered "huge" :toocool:

:grin:
I knew that...you cheated :cussing: :LOL: :facesmack:
I will have to dig out my VERY old Minolta negs and get scanning...That's when Konica were just Konica and Minolta were Minolta...I think I have some shots of Venice from the 70's! :grin:
Nice picture BTW...Cheers Barry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.