The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Taken this afternoon...This is the lovely little village of Cardinham, the neighbouring village to where I live on the other side of the Camel valley.
Taken handheld at 168mm FL on the Sony 70-200mm F4 FE, which I feel is about it’s limitation before the corners start to go a bit softer towards the 200mm end.
Please click on ENLARGEMENT link below to see the detail...Many thanks Barry

What a bee shot Louis! :D.

With the recent state of emergency for toxic river plume in New Mexico, I remember this shot I took about 3 months ago. Knee-deep in that.... :(

A7s + ZM 15

fmueller

Re: Fun with sony A7RII images

Canon EF 50 1.2L on a metabones IV

Shot 1 hour past sunset from a boat.

ISO 2000 1/160 at F2.0

Processed in C1 (including sharpening and NR) and converted to jpeg in LR. Image is uncropped.

Well, I can't find anywhere to buy an A7Rii, so I'm forced to go out shooting with my crappy old A7ii. :D

Third Avenue Bridge with Minneapolis skyline.

A7ii with FE 16-35 at 16mm

Layers - Minneapolis historic milling district.

A7ii with FE 70-200 at 128mm

Barry Haines

I have been recently travelling around several of the small churches set within the remote Cornish countryside. As the night descends these churches can take on an altogether different appearance outside and especially within! :eek: :eek: :eek:
In one such church that will remain nameless, I stumbled upon a very small figurine of a monk almost glowing in the dark shadows of the corner of the church set against an old carved oak cabinet, it made me think back to an old English ghost story that I read way back years ago...
The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral – By M. R. James https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/j/james/mr/more/chapter5.html

Quotations...
“This might at first sight be mistaken for a monk or “friar of orders gray”, for the head is cowled and a knotted cord depends from somewhere about the waist. A slight inspection, however, will lead to a very different conclusion. The knotted cord is quickly seen to be a halter, held by a hand all but concealed within the draperies; while the sunken features and, horrid to relate, the rent flesh upon the cheek-bones, proclaim the King of Terrors”

I must be firm, I must be firm, I must be firm”

anGy

Re: Fun with sony A7RII images

With the 55 FE (and my kid :eek:)
(like how the A7RII deal with harsh/hard light conditions. Take care of the highlights and recover the blacks in post, works pretty well)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I have merged all the A7rII posts with the overall thread now for all a7 cams. As always nice to know which camera and what lenses you used as that is a help to other members. Thanks Guy

Guy Mancuso

Well, I can't find anywhere to buy an A7Rii, so I'm forced to go out shooting with my crappy old A7ii. :D

Third Avenue Bridge with Minneapolis skyline.

A7ii with FE 16-35 at 16mm

Layers - Minneapolis historic milling district.

A7ii with FE 70-200 at 128mm
Mike you want me to find you one.

Guy Mancuso

You folks are just killing it with the A7 series cams. Im going to process some A7rII today and post

Guy Mancuso

Just want to show you all the new Batis 25 in action. Handheld

Barry Haines

Very nice Guy, the Batis lenses and CV15III together with the A7RII look to be a magic combo in your hands congratulations. I have to admit it’s lovely to have all the A7’s back again within the thread that you created.
I think I’m flogging a :deadhorse: waiting it out for an announcement of a Sony A9...I probably should have preordered the A7RII like everybody else weeks ago and paid a little less attention to SAR :cussing:

Colour blended with a split toned image in NIK SE2 (BLENCOMO)

Just a few miles NE of where I live lies the tiny village called "Temple" on Bodmin Moor.
This is the rebuilt church at Temple that was originally built way back in c. 1120, on land belonging to the Knights Templar just one year after the Knights Templar's first became active c. 1119
Wiki - Temple https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple,_Cornwall
Wiki - Knights Templar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

Just on the outside of the Church is an ancient outbuilding which resembles an oversized dog kennel from a time gone past. This has some very strange carved symbols in the stonework itself!
It’s hard to see but on close inspection one of the symbols (Just right of centre) looks decidedly like a chalice!
So I’m guessing that the “Holy Grail” is probably tucked away safely inside, where I expect it’s protected by the Bodmin Beast day and night and night and day :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Guy Mancuso

Yea I like all the A7 series in one spot just gives you a nice feeling for the whole line up.

I got emails out for 2 bodies one for Mike and John. You know maybe even in my back yard. Someone try Tempe Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.