The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Two more shots taken with the Sony FE 28/2 on the A7RII.

scho

Holy batman! Spotted this new structure in the park yesterday just across the road from the playground. The local newspaper that same day warned residents to be wary of rabid bats in the area.:shocked:

Quentin_Bargate

St Nonna's church, Altarnun, Cornwall, which features spectacular carved bench or pew ends.

The first two are with the A7RII, 16-35mm lens, tripond, IBIS turned off, manual focus

These shots of primitive faces are of the 12th century Norman font taken with the 90mm F/2.8 Macro G OSS, IBIS turned off, manual focus

dwood

Quentin and Joe, that 90 macro looks like a pretty stellar piece of glass. Either of you guys try using it as a medium range tele?

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin and Joe, that 90 macro looks like a pretty stellar piece of glass. Either of you guys try using it as a medium range tele?
Its awesome. The best macro lens I have ever used. And its also great as a stabilised telephoto.

D

Deleted member 7792

I agree with Quentin. It's the best macro lens I've ever used (Nikon, Zeiss, Leica), and couple that with IBIS and AF and...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :thumbs:

Here's a link to a full-sized JPEG that you can use to pixel peep. Look into each corner and count the evergreen needles.

Joe

scho

Japanese Fern Sony A7RII with SK 47 XL on Cambo Actus.

dwood

I agree with Quentin. It's the best macro lens I've ever used (Nikon, Zeiss, Leica), and couple that with IBIS and AF and...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :thumbs:

Here's a link to a full-sized JPEG that you can use to pixel peep. Look into each corner and count the evergreen needles.

Joe
Thanks for that link, Joe. That is just CRAZY amounts of detail!

dandrewk

Speaking of the FE90. :)

I had the chance to borrow this lens for a day with my A7ii. I absolutely love the sharpness and bokeh. All photos handheld at ISO 100.

F4.5 @ 1/400:

F2.8 @ 1/2000:

F4.5 @ 1/500:

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

10 years ago and 40MP’s less than A7RII was the release of the Sony Ericsson K750i mobile camera phone (1632x1224px) one of the earliest camera mobiles!
I found my old one today, charged it up and to my surprise it still worked!...Had myself some good old Sony fun :D

Quentin_Bargate

The point about the FE 90mm Macro G OSS is it works so well in combination with the A7RII. Clearly its an outstanding macro lens, but with other stabilised macro lens, like the Nikon AFS-VR 105mm for example, the image stabilisation does not work very well in Macro mode. But it you look at Joe's butterfly wing, it takes handheld macro to a whole new level with the stabilisation making a major difference. My Hasselblad 120mm Macro is an excellent lens, but it would be incapable of results like those from the Sony.

eleanorbrown

More small town Colorado with the A7RII and 35mm 1.4 lens. By the way, this lens is working well for me....almost no sharpening fall off in the corners at wide f stops such as 2.8 or 3.5, etc, and good micro contrast. I process the RAWs in C1. Top image, Leadville, CO. and bottom a "backwoods type" but friendly very small remote town...Red Cliff, CO.
Eleanor

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.