The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenbb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Nice one, Barry. I like your moody, ever-so-slightly-tone-mapped treatment with these types of shots.

scho

A few walkabout shots with the A7R-FS CC. First with the Contax N 70-200 and last two with Contax N 24-85.

Squirrel checking feeders

Female bridge porthole

Sycamore tree burls

dwood

'winter branches, study 4' - a7rII / Zeiss Milvus 50/f1.4

Barry Haines

Really like this one, reminds me of an artichoke. Flipping it upside down (if I'm not mistaken) really brings out the abstract character of the shot.
Thank you Pieter...you are perfectly correct I just flipped the sand pattern of the beach...Dilute Ambrotype toning to simulate the sand colour :)

________

Basic colour image, followed by the B&W version (Nik SEP2) that ended up making the final BLENCOMO image....I just did a few finishing touches on layers with curves/burning/dodging.

Suntrip

I have mostly been lurking around the forums but I have really enjoyed looking at all the great pictures in this thread. Here are two landscape pictures I took in the summer.
_DSC4188.jpg

Attachments

seb

Happy new year to everyone!

I had some beautiful days in the swiss mountains. This time without snow even on 2000 m altitude. Something that happens very rarely in winter.

Calanda (A7RII with 55/1.8):

Leni (A7RII with 55/1.8):

Lai da Vons (A7RII with 28/2):

Icehockey on a lake (Lai da Vons) (A7RII with 55/1.8):

Pizzo Tambo (A7RII with 90/2.8 Macro):

Hike at the last day of the year (A7RII with 90/2.8 Macro):

Hinterrhein (A7RII with 28/2):

Splügen (A7RII with 28/2):

Night in Sufers (A7RII with 28/2):

Last edited:

Annna T

Nice set ! Those are my favorites :

Happy new year to everyone!

I had some beautiful days in the swiss mountains. This time without snow even on 2000 m altitude. Something that happens very rarely in winter.

Pizzo Tambo (A7RII with 90/2.8 Macro):

Hinterrhein (A7RII with 28/2):

Night in Sufers (A7RII with 28/2):

Barry Haines

Welcome to the thread Suntrip :) I paricularly like your 2nd image...nice one :) ....Hope to see more from you.
Doug, you are obviously enjoying your new A7RII together with your 90mm FE Macro...Good to have you back here once again my friend ;-)
seb...Annna’s choice of those 3 images was also my choice... Night in Sufers/Pizzo Tambo/Hinterrhein was my in order of favourite sequence.
Jose...Some of the best shots that I have seen to date from the Batis 85mm...Beautiful OoF rendering in the (Middle) 3rd image and the 4th was well seen...Excellent!

dwood

Doug, you are obviously enjoying your new A7RII together with your 90mm FE Macro...Good to have you back here once again my friend ;-)
Yes, having some fun with the FE 90, Barry...great lens. And it's good to be back here on the Sony forum. Your new 'Riverbank Reflection' picture is fantastic, btw. Hope 2016 is a great one for you, my friend!

Barry Haines

Yes, having some fun with the FE 90, Barry...great lens. And it's good to be back here on the Sony forum. Your new 'Riverbank Reflection' picture is fantastic, btw. Hope 2016 is a great one for you, my friend!
Thanks Doug, likewise have a great 2016 my friend :grin:
Look forward to seeing more of your wonderful images with your own particular signature to them...The subtle toning always adds another dimension to them :watch: :thumbs:
Cheers Barry

dwood

'Falmouth Foreside, Maine' - a7rII / Zeiss Milvus 35/f2

Status
Not open for further replies.