The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I'm not really sure : if you look at the way the branches and needles of the tree are falling, then I think the camera decided to flip the orientation all by itself and put things upside down : some times, if you shoot upward or downward with the body almost parallel to the earth, the camera can do that.

But if you remember it was that way with naked eye (not on the LCD nor in the VF) at the time you took the picture, then indeed that is quite remarkable.

This was something I've never seen before. Its not a lens flare but an upside rainbow.

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I'm not really sure : if you look at the way the branches and needles of the tree are falling, then I think the camera decided to flip the orientation all by itself and put things upside down : some times, if you shoot upward or downward with the body almost parallel to the earth, the camera can do that.

But if you remember it was that way with naked eye (not on the LCD nor in the VF) at the time you took the picture, then indeed that is quite remarkable.
Yes, that's the way it was with the naked eye. I was joking to my wife when we saw it there was no hope of finding the pot of gold at the end of it and how unusual it was.

chiquita

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Captivating Barry. It gives me the sense that you get as the tide comes in and out giving the impression that it's the pebbles that are moving.

V

Vivek

No doubt! That has more things going for it. :)

Barry Haines

Thank you Christina ^^^ :)

Hiking across Dartmoor earlier this afternoon, catching the last of the sunset lighting falling upon this old ruin.
This is the old Quarry Works up on Foggin Tor looking out towards Kings Tor on the horizon.

Hiking across Dartmoor earlier this afternoon, catching the last of the sunset lighting falling upon this old ruin.
This is the old Quarry Works up on Foggin Tor looking out towards Kings Tor on the horizon.

––––––––––

An impressive sense of depth in both of these. (And it's not just the lens!)

Kirk

JMaher

Three Faces of Mary. From a shoot earlier today. A local artist and teacher

DSC04249-Edit.jpg

jlm

Workshop Member

barry: what is the magenta in the corners from, in the surfer picture shot with the 21 loxia? i'm gathering the large rock on the right had some natural reddish color as well?

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Very nice colors and composition. May I ask about your RAW converter and the used profile? I'm asking because beside your great processing, your colors are always very accurate.
Many thanks seb most appreciated... I returned home latish last night from my walk across Dartmoor feeling pretty whacked out!
I still like Adobe ACR, either in CS or LR, I always take a jpeg and a raw at the same time, I use the jpegs mostly for just quickly previewing/scanning an image because of their smaller file sizes, I then convert the raws into dng by churning away laboriously in the stand alone Adobe DNG converter to keep storage space to a minimum.
On this (Dartmoor) occasion because I was pretty tired on my return and also by the token that I try and aim to add at least one new image per day, I lazily just used the jpg files because I hadn’t yet got around to converting my raws into dng.
The 21mm Loxia ideally needs to be corrected with a profile just like any other WA lens as you say...It’s a good albeit a lazy temporary solution for me or at least until I get around to making a custom profile in Cornerfix or by replacing my ancient computer and software, is just to use the in camera pre-treated jpegs for showing 21mm Loxia colour images here. Then just use the dng’s for BW + toning etc...

A simple intermediate quick fix that I will get around to when I have a free moment is just to make a custom profile for my 21mm Loxia lens in Cornerfix.
https://sites.google.com/site/cornerfix/

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#main_List_of_supported_lenses
Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21 Lightroom/Camera Raw/Photoshop version profile added 6.3/9.3

barry: what is the magenta in the corners from, in the surfer picture shot with the 21 loxia? i'm gathering the large rock on the right had some natural reddish color as well?
jim, I have absolutely no excuse to give :facesmack: other than it’s my whacky BLENCOMO processing...it’s inexcusable I know! :eek: :LOL: :toocool:

V

Vivek

Barry, By any chance you owned/used a Leica M8? Perhaps it was nostalgia for magenta corners and color shifts? :)

Barry Haines

Barry, By any chance you owned/used a Leica M8? Perhaps it was nostalgia for magenta corners and color shifts? :)
Vivek....Oh, well it goes back much much further in time than a M8 and it's defects!....I loved those sets of Ilford Multigrade filters :ROTFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.