The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A few shots of a furry friend.
A7RII/ Minolta 80-200 HS APO

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Barry

I don't understand , what you mean by BLENCOMO treatment .
But it must be something similar to this .

THANNERS.232.TEST.@.41x56.jpg

Barry Haines

Lines ...

Barry
I don't understand , what you mean by BLENCOMO treatment .
But it must be something similar to this .
Jürgen, yes similar to that :)
BLENCOMO simply means BLENded COlour with MOnochrome...I abbreviated my working method a couple of years ago http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/50257-fun-sony-a7-series-cameras-all-them-49.html#post596827
Obviously numerous ways of doing it...I just make a B&W (or even sometimes toned) + A colour image from the same raw file to the best of my ability and blend the two images together on layers...then burn, dodge and erase different parts of those layers to get my final image...The B&W image controls the tonality of the colour image whilst subduing the colours at the same time unless I decide to add more vibrancy/saturation overall to the flattened off layers or perhaps just localized on a layer to a specific part of the image...voilà
Numerous examples and working methods within this thread...Cheers Barry

Another quick example...

1. Colour version

2. B&W version (processed in NIK/Google SEP2)...Brings out more of the texture on the wall and lightens the clouds.

3. BLENCOMO version (layer blend of 1 & 2)

4. BLENCOMO version, erase selective parts of the top B&W layer to allow more of the orange and red lifebouy colours to show through from underneath...Flatten off the image and touch up distracting highlights on the sea and coastline together with the removal of the oil tanker.

Last edited:

pegelli

A few shots of a furry friend.
A7RII/ Minolta 80-200 HS APO
Nice shots, I like the "environmental" style, showing more then just the animal.

May I ask which adapter you used and what you think about handling on the A7Rii style body?
I have the LA-EA4 which I sometimes use on my A6000, but usually I prefer to use A-mount lenses on my (ancient) A700 or A850 for a more pleasing handling and balance.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Thank you Barry .
Thanks for showing the different steps .:clap: Very similar to what I did .

AlanS

A7, Canon fd 85mm f1.8, Hamsterley forest, trying some VSCO film presets...

nsng

Fishing Boat at Sanur Beach, Bali. A7R2 w/Leica 19mm Elmarit-R

Status
Not open for further replies.