The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediumcool

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Window frame

Sony a7 w/ adapted 50mm Planar 1/160 f/11 ISO 200

This looks hand-coloured to me, but isn’t! Saturation was increased by 20% in C1

Last edited:

chiquita

Great shot and I like all the photo's you post from your daughter with the dog. They indeed seem an odd but also very cute couple. You're lucky, when I take pictures of our daughters (23 and 25) it's under the condition they don't go on the internet. If they get embarassed they want to do that themselves without any help from their father :toocool:
I'm lucky, she steals my pictures for her own Instagram and Facebook! If she doesn't like anything I post I get told pretty sharply!

She's my youngest and almost 26, the others are too old ..... 31 and 33 now :)

mediumcool

Two flowers

Sony a7 w/ adapted 50mm Planar [vertical crop to 50%] 1/800 f/2.8 ISO 200

mediumcool

100% view in Capture One

Not bad for a thirty-year-old lens!

Just checked the accuracy of the 100% preview by rendering out at 100% and opening it in Pixelmator; it was very close to the preview, but with finer grain—detail was pretty-much identical. Regarding the g̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ noise difference, I reckon that Capture One’s new SHARPENING > Halo suppression slider—I push it all the way to the right—plays a subtle but visible role in smoothing. I will do a comparison with two renders to demonstrate.

I also have noticed that, with that control on, and with the LENS CORRECTION > Diffraction Correction switch turned on, re-calculation of the 100% view in C1 is quite slow on my elderly Core Duo iMac—there’s obviously a lot of processing going on. I tend to leave these two controls off until final render.

Last edited:

seb

Wow, you have some beautiful places in New Zealand. My stepsister is a Kiwi now and lives in Oamaru, Dunedin.
We were there for holidays only last december. But you're right it's a wonderful country. Not only the land itself also the Kiwis are great people with a big heart at the right place.

Beside processing today some family pictures from last week, I took out my macro lens (with some tubes) and shot a dead moskito. I was curious if affinity photo do a good job with photo stack. but it was not as good as with the panorama. so I had to blend it on my own.
And I need definitely a rail for my tripod! :)

moskito
(a7RII + 90/2.8 G Macro + 52mm extension tubes, 2:1 macro (the moskito is around 2mm long), 4 pictures focus stack)

full resolution

Last edited:

doug

Ferruginous Hawk, Sierra County California
a7rII, FD 500mm f/4.5 L

seb

For a condolence card to a good friend which lost a family member.

Bugleone

Barry,....I keep coming back to these Lanhydrock interiors for another look! I assume these are effectively 'just snapshots' made on the hoof while visiting the house,...However, they are a testimony to both the incredible full frame sony sensor and also to your excellent technique! If one clicks the 'enlarge' option then the title plate on the painting and the makers name on the suitcase latches become readable..!?!! By the looks of your red-jacketed image reflected in the tureen, you shot these handheld!...so a lesson in 'how to' as well.

gurtch

A7RII -- Foreground: 3 shot HDR with 16-35mm lens at 16mm - f11
Sky: Zeiss 24-70 f2.8 "A" mount lens with adapter, @ 24mm. Format changed from 3:2 to 4:3 to fit foreground to sky. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
D737 framed.jpg

Barry Haines

Barry,....I keep coming back to these Lanhydrock interiors for another look! I assume these are effectively 'just snapshots' made on the hoof while visiting the house,...However, they are a testimony to both the incredible full frame sony sensor and also to your excellent technique! If one clicks the 'enlarge' option then the title plate on the painting and the makers name on the suitcase latches become readable..!?!! By the looks of your red-jacketed image reflected in the tureen, you shot these handheld!...so a lesson in 'how to' as well.
Many thanks Bugleone :) ....Yes, I really like the Sony sensor on the A7R2.
Now I'm retired, I just keep it simple and fun, I sometimes wander about National Trust and English Heritage properties (mostly on rainy days) taking snapshots here and there without a tripod...well at least while my duopod legs are still holding out ;)

A few more from yesterday wandering around Lanhydrock House - A7R2 + 55mm FE
Mary Hunt, Tea and Victoria sponge, Remington and the Piano room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.