The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Terry Banet is new GetDPI.com Moderator

It's probably not appropriate for mods and admins to get into specifics but I can't help but wonder what rules are so hard to follow -- I think the rules look pretty standard and reasonable. Have the offending posts been removed? What was his ID?

Terry

It's probably not appropriate for mods and admins to get into specifics but I can't help but wonder what rules are so hard to follow -- I think the rules look pretty standard and reasonable. Have the offending posts been removed? What was his ID?
It was at least a year ago.

LJL

i just reviewed the rules, I don't see what anyone could possibly disagree with
True, yet there is a line (not sure how fine) between "discussing" and "arguing" openly on the forum. Sometimes the discussions can get a bit heated, and even stray from the intent, getting more into an argument between folks over things that could be better handled off-line. That does not violate any sort of "openness" and honesty, but some may not want to back their claims with examples or other proof. If one wants to take a position on some subject, they should be prepared to have some substantiating evidence available to support that claim, and not require others to subscribe to something at some cost. Not saying this is/was the issue with SR, but I can easily see how it could become a sticking point. I subscribed to RR when the M8 first came out, and did find it very useful for the more detailed tests and comparisons with lenses, for example, but I also found that there was a lot of very practical "in use" discussions in place like LUF and finally, thankfully, here at GetDPI, where the atmosphere and information shared was so much more enjoyable and useful.

LJ

P.S. Belated "congrats" to Terry.....will keep things fun and interesting.