The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Transformation with makeup instead of PS

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Here's an interesting bit of flash that reveals the transformation of a model using makeup techniques instead of photoshop. It's a pretty dramatic change, if a bit odd. It's on the New York Times site which I think requires a free registration. Worth a quick look here: http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/model-morphosis-marc-jacobs-beauty-2/

I confess that part of the appeal is the little device used to slide one photo up to reveal another beneath. A pretty cool way to see the differences between to version of an image.

cam

if i get feeling incredibly nerdy, i may try to write a script for that in flash.

after having to deal with only html and CSS on a silly web site i'm building, it would probably be fun to see if i could still do it... i'll let you know if i succeed.

cheers!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
That would be dramatically cool Cam! I've ventured into Flash at least a half dozen times with the intention of teaching myself. Unfortunately, I never seem to get past making the little ball bounce across the frame once during the tutorial before I experience a complete glaze-over. Maybe I should try it again...