The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Apple Tablet Is Dead

cjlacz

Seems all opinions and little in the way of facts. Of course it's all guesses right now. I liked his jump to 'it probably never existed'.

I'm sure Apple has been researching one since their purchase of Fingerworks. That technology has gone into the iPod touch, iPhone and the new touch pads. Microsoft has shown that software is as important, or probably more-so than the hardware. I'm still not sure Apple is even there yet, although they may have done a lot of development that isn't visible yet. The iPhone OS seems closer, but I don't think Apple would put it on a larger device. Hardware is still an issue with Apple's obsession with lightweight and size. (One I agree with). Battery life is important which may be one thing pushing it back, as well as price.

I still think we'll see a tablet like device in the future. There is a new market available. The iPhone is too small, and a laptop isn't mobile enough.

O

Oxide Blu

It is very difficult for hardcore Apple-holics to come to grip with the idea of a life beyond Apple, but there is one. :eek: :D

7-inch WSVGA Netbook/keyboard and touch screen/tablet/USB-to-USB direct connection to other computers/std 3G HSPA embedded.

I want to get one of these -- and if she comes with the netbook, all the better. :D

cjlacz

Not bad, although a little more than I want to spend on a netbook. Even if Apple does release a tablet it's problem going to cost more than I want to spend for rough and tumble life in my bag. It would probably be a buy if it wasn't for the tiny keyboard. That's going to be a problem for a tablet too as I want to use it for input rather than recall.

O

Oxide Blu

... It would probably be a buy if it wasn't for the tiny keyboard. That's going to be a problem for a tablet too as I want to use it for input rather than recall.
I learned about that netbook from a friend that plans to get one for extreme portability and use it with a $15 roll up USB keyboard. I had never heard of either, had no idea they existed.