The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Helen Hill with a Question.....

beamon

Obviously, the trip, Helen. The memories of a trip remain with you forever. We made our first trip to Japan in '06 with 14 fountain pen enthusiasts. Since my Helen and I eat virtually anything put in front of us and enjoy 95% of it, we had a ball! While some of our compadres were busy hunting up western food, we were loving "going native".

But, if you can do both without going into hock, do it while the dollar will still buy as much as it does. I fear for its future. Am I the only one here that remembers the German Reichmark during WW II? (Probably the only one here, old enough to remember it. :D)

charlesphoto

Definitely Japan! Make sure when in Kyoto to go to the Fushimi Inari complex of thousands of Tori gates spread over the hillsides. Kyoto is a dream.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
your birthday is coming up do both :D Birthday girl.
I love your high contrast B&W's....so get the nocti, keep the 35, sell the 50, go on the trip, drink....it will be fun!! When you get back sell the Nocti or the 35, pay credit card....life is easy.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Take it from a person who had to fly for a living. Get to the airport as early as you can and beg for the emergency row; plenty of legroom and you don't feel as packed in as with the other seats.

Enjoy Japan I was there for a month back in 1995 and got to visit the entire country; rode everything from taxis to bullet trains; had a blast when work didn't interfere.

Don