Site Sponsors

Thread: Shipping to the World

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping to the World

Without realizing that everyone buys almost everything from China and it would get worse during the year end, I bought a few adapters from there.

While the ones that get shipped from mainland China got delivered quicker than ever, stuff from Hong Kong got delayed a bit (only a bit).

It turns out the HK mail system crashed due to the sheer volume.

Would it stop them from shutting down? No.

A lot get shipped to Singapore from HK and then get mailed from there!

Really astonishing when I was already wondering how China manages to produce and sell so many things cheaply while importing every RAW material they need from abroad (doesn't oil/shipping cost money?).

Anyone shipping from Singapore using their post would know how much it costs.

I am not bright when it comes to economics but something appear not to add up correctly.

Oxide Blu

Re: Shipping to the World

Somewhere, somehow, shipping costs will be part of the overall purchase price of almost anything. While reading about the Baltic Dry Index I came across something that mentioned an estimated 90% of all consumed goods have crossed the ocean on a boat at least once either as raw materials, components, or finished product.

Fwiw, if you really want to how well the global economy is doing, or not doing, look a the the BDI.