The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Integration in Carmel

Don Libby

I thought I’d post a teaser here regarding the upcoming visit of Dave Gallagher of Capture Integration, for those who might remember some of the images from last years visit of Chris Lawery. This will be the second “Pigs-In-A-Blanket” (PBIA) hosted by Ken Doo scheduled for February 18 – 21.

Ken has an itinerary that may or may not be strictly followed. Dave is planning on bringing some equipment along with him for people to try out. This is free to anyone who brings a good sense of humor and is willing to be flexible.

This isn’t a workshop in any sense of the term rather it will be (as it was last year) a great chance to meet the folks from Capture Integration – this year the founder – and try some new equipment. Ken is lining up some interesting places to shoot and I can just about guarantee it’ll be fun.

Keep watching this space for future updates.

Don

darr

Hi Don, you do not know me, but I do read your postings and want to say thank you for all your knowledge! I received my Arca M-Line Two and P45 back from Capture Integration yesterday and can only say absolutely wonderful things about their business practices. I have had the pleasure of dealing with Steve Hendrix and would encourage anyone thinking about diving into medium format digital, to give Steve a call. If you can meet with these folks, GO!!

Kind regards,
Darr

kdphotography

I'll have the CI in Carmel - 2d PIAB itinerary available shortly.

Most of the planned itinerary is pretty set, but an architectural photography shoot at one of the local estates may mean moving some of the planned weekend activities to accomodate access. Once this is determined, then the schedule will be set.

We kick off CI in Carmel on Thursday morning, February 18 starting at the Suttro Baths in SF, lunch, and Alcatraz at Night. The first block of six tickets for Alcatraz are filled; more space available on this unique tour! We then head down the coast back to Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur....

More to follow!

:)

Last edited:

kdphotography

The itinerary for CI in Carmel - 2d Annual Pigs in a Blanket is available in pdf form. Thursday activities are set in SF. Eight confirmed for Alcatraz at Night. Tickets are only $33 available online.

Friday and Saturday may "flip" places depending on access to an estate for a planned architectural photography shoot.

Great opportunity to meet Dave Gallagher from Capture Integration, and try some of the latest medium format digital offerings. And Arca Swiss Cubes!

Drop Don or me a message to join in the fun!

Last edited:

Don Libby

I’ve been getting some messages and questions regarding my 1DsII IR setup and if I’ll have it with me in Carmel. The short answer is yes the longer answer is the following week I’ll be by myself in Yosemite so I’ll have the full kit with me including the Cambo WRS, P45+ and all four of my lenses. And of course the Cube!

Don

Don Libby

I wanted to bring this back up as a gentle reminder to anyone who is thinking of visiting. I spoke with Dave a couple days ago as he was getting ready for his January 27th Miami event. While Dave was very busy with that he nevertheless was also busy getting a list of cool stuff to bring with him however I'll let him tell that story soon.

Don

JimCollum

Is the Alcatraz going to be only those with the CI get together? If not, a word of advise/warning. I've been to 3 of these evening trips, arranged by Keeble and Schuchat. The guards (you have to stay with the guards.. no wandering off on your own) really don't understand photography/photographers... and they allowed for almost no time for tripod setup before moving to another venue.

It might be different if everyone is medium format/tripod bound.. but the point-and-shoot (with flash) and inexpensive DSLR (with flash) were the driving factors in all of the other times I've done it.

The itinerary for CI in Carmel - 2d Annual Pigs in a Blanket is available in pdf form. Thursday activities are set in SF. Eight confirmed for Alcatraz at Night. Tickets are only $33 available online.

Friday and Saturday may "flip" places depending on access to an estate for a planned architectural photography shoot.

Great opportunity to meet Dave Gallagher from Capture Integration, and try some of the latest medium format digital offerings. And Arca Swiss Cubes!

Drop Don or me a message to join in the fun!

kdphotography

Is the Alcatraz going to be only those with the CI get together? If not, a word of advise/warning. I've been to 3 of these evening trips, arranged by Keeble and Schuchat. The guards (you have to stay with the guards.. no wandering off on your own) really don't understand photography/photographers... and they allowed for almost no time for tripod setup before moving to another venue.

It might be different if everyone is medium format/tripod bound.. but the point-and-shoot (with flash) and inexpensive DSLR (with flash) were the driving factors in all of the other times I've done it.
Hi Jim,

I can't speak to your experience, but when I contacted Alcatraz Cruises directly, I was told that the tour was approximately three hours total and that we would have about an hour on our own. I would not expect to have free reign of the property considering many areas are closed to the public, not safe, etc. You may bring a small pack and hand carry a tripod.

Chances are we'll probably do some more hit-and-run night photography on the way out of the SF Bay area after dinner....

;) ken

Dave Gallagher

Hey guys,

I still have not has a second to breathe in the last 10 weeks and often have to remind myself to (not kidding). So I apologize for not posting about this trip up to now. What I can tell you today is that the following equipment will be with me:

Phase One P65+, Phase One DF body, 80mm LS lens
Phase One P40+, Phase One AF body, 80mm D lens
Phase One P45+ H mount

Cambo RS with Viewfinder, new leveling base, and both M and H mounts
Cambo Rodenstock 40 HR Digaron W-T/S lens
Cambo Schneider 24mm Digitar

Leica S2 with Summarit-S 70mm
Leica M9 with an f/2 35mm and 50mm

Canon 5D MII kit with a few lenses

Arca Swiss cube on an Induro tripod

We will definitely have a quick class on C1 Pro 5.0.2 and all the upgrades that are present in this latest edition but are hidden. But most of all, I plan on shooting and enjoying the company.

If anyone is planning on attending and wants to see anything that I do not have on that list please let me know and I will try my best to get it there.

Dave Gallagher
President
Capture Integration
www.CaptureIntegration.com

404-522-7662 | Atlanta
305-350-9900 | Miami
877-217-9870 | National
770-846-5223 | Cell

Dale Allyn

Sounds great, "guys". I wish I could join you, but I have an unfortunate (for me) schedule conflict. The evening low tide on Saturday could be very nice, but so could be the PIAB. ;)

I'm sure you'll all have a great time. I look forward to some posted images.

Don Libby

I think there’ll might be a contest to see how much we can lighten Dave’s load for his return trip. :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Send what's left to us. I'm sure it will never make it back home. Actually would like to see the LS lens sent over. we have everything else LOL

kdphotography

Gotta get you out here to the coast, Guy!

I'm running PW IIs, not the PW Multimax, but did pick up a cheapo Cyber Synch set to test the 80mm LS and flash synch on the Phase 645DF....

I double-checked on the Alcatraz at Night tour in light of Jim's experience with K&S. I called them yesterday. They (Alcatraz Crusies) re-confirmed that we could hand-carry a tripod and small bag, and that we would have about an hour to ourselves----and if we wanted, we don't have to follow the tour can just set up and shoot, as long as we stay in the main areas and behave ourselves.... Total time allotted is about 2.5 - 3 hours.

:angel: