The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is this fishy??

John Grow

I have received a couple e-mails from this guy. Something does not feel right.
Have any of you received this e-mail?

John

---- Original Message -----
Sent: 11/8/2007 1:50:23 PM
To: john @sidelineproductions.com
Subject: Re: Your Portfolio - Advisory Board

I noticed you haven't signed in yet. The first step to being on the
advisory board is <a href="http://www.jamuse.com/Learntojam/tabid/78/Default.aspx" TARGET="_blank">
view and sign in here. After you sign in, let me know what you think of the site. Are you
interested in the opportunity to join the advisory board?

Regards,
Bruce

Bruce Lazarus
Chief Operations Officer
MRG-International, New York
[email protected]

Bruce Lazarus
Chief Operations Officer
MRG-International, New York
Direct: 877.955.1177 ext. 8011
[email protected]
CC: Julie Rome
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Your Portfolio - Advisory Board

Morning Bruce

When did you review my portfolio? What was it on my site that caught your eye?

Thanks
John

John,

Thanks for responding back to me. I understand that you are busy, and appreciate your time. First, I found you on portfolios.com (http://www.portfolios.com/grow1). Yours is only a listing. However, I took the time to click to your website http://paparazi.exposuremanager.com/g/). I like the approach you take with landscape photography. The photos of Yellowstone from this year are incredible. How close were you to the bears when you shot those?

Now, if you will allow me, please let me explain more about what we are doing and how you can participate and benefit. We are reaching out to a small cross-section of creative professionals from multiple disciplines for feedback on our project. My hope is that you will participate and give us your professional feedback. jamuse was launched not just as a global community for creative talent, but more importantly as a better way for you to share files, collaborate with clients, and protect your work.

There are a lot of eyes on this from all over the world and we want to get it right for our members. The role of the site advisory board is simple. As a creative professional you can share your opinion on what you like, and what we can change to make jamuse better. We have two specific goals. First, for jamuse to become the premier online location to search and find creative talent from around the world. And second (and equally important), for MuseWorx to become how creative professionals and clients share, collaborate, and communicate together on projects.

Right now jamuse is available by invitation only. As a voluntary site advisory board member we will be very respectful of your time. In return for your efforts you’ll be granted full jamuse membership for life, and receive site advisory board recognition and other benefits. And of course, how much you use jamuse, and how much feedback you want to share, is entirely up to you. All we ask is that you join, use jamuse, and share your feedback with us. If you have not yet joined, please go to the jamuse join wizard and follow the four simple steps to join and set up your profile and portfolio.

After you join and upload some examples of your work, the best way to get started is to share a JAM file. We suggest this because beyond the community aspects of jamuse, the real core of this platform are the file sharing and collaboration features in MuseWorx. Give it a try and see for yourself. You can share a jam file with me at [email protected]. I’ll give you some feedback through the collaboration feature so you can see how it all works. If you do this I believe you will see the true value of jamuse and MuseWorx, and will be able to give us your best feedback and insights.

Bottom line, will jamuse help other creatives in the business? What do you think?

Best regards,

Bruce

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi John:

This one's a tough call. Both sites, jamuse and museworx, point to the same static page and that's fishy. I've never heard of it, but there are several similar springing up. Maybe totally legitimate as wanting to offer critical feedback on your images, or offer a way to targeted advertising for them, but I suspect there will be a fee somewhere in the "sign-up" process, probably near the end after you've already entered all of your information...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I don't like he sound of it myself and looks like more info. would be needed before I sent images to them. Sounds like a place wer your images areon like a open share setup and that bugs me but I would like to hear more about it

John Grow

I already have enough problems trying to keep my work from migrating around the web. I think I'll send a polite "no thanks".

Thanks for your input.