The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Annie Leibovitz settles Lavazza calendar lawsuit

stephengilbert

Interesting "Photoshop lawsuit:" Annie hires Paolo Pizzetti to scout and shoot backgrounds for a "high-profile shoot," then she can't manage to travel to Italy "because of time constraints." I wonder what the client thought of hiring Annie Leibovitz for a shoot, and then finding out she did it without ever leaving New York.

I guess if you hire a photographer to shoot people in front of the Trevi fountain you have to make sure that your contract specifies that she actually go to Italy to do the job.

O

Oxide Blu

Interesting, since Leibovitz is bankrupt. She could settle for $100-million -- doesn't matter to her.

V

Vivek

I am glad to see someone having made it rich through photography and in a position to help other photographers. :rolleyes:

O

Oxide Blu

She never went into bankruptcy.

Not yet. Let's check back in a few months and see how things are going for Annie.

From the article you linked to:

In a deal announced on Friday between Leibovitz and Art Capital, the lender dropped its lawsuit against her and extended the maturity date on its loan.

The company would not disclose how much more the American photographer will now have to repay nor by when, although it is understood to be a matter of months rather than weeks or years.

She needs to scrape together $24-million within "months". There has just got to be a reality TV show somewhere in Annie's financial turmoil. :D