The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your favourite backgrounds

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Show us your favourite computer screen backgrounds / wallpapers, of course only the ones you have shot yourself.
All informations about choices, what works and what not, about used gear, circumstances etc. are welcome.
Let me start with this one that I like a lot, small new tomatoes. Energy of life naturally canned.
It's a bit messy for a background, but the color palette makes me instantly happy, and thus it's the perfect background showing up when I boot the beast.
I have used it a lot in periods when I have been in the well known new green tomato mood :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I change mine every few days. I keep the background color a dark grey, similar to this forum, and use a photo that I've been working on, or recently shot. The size is about what you see here. It helps me if I look at something for a day or two to get a sense about. This one's been up for the last couple of days.

Terry

LOL - I never use background pictures for my desktop. However, today on my first day back at work after the Carmel workshop I wanted to prolong the beauty of the California coastline so I put this shot on my computer at work.

View attachment 3044

cam

shall we dance

this isn't the best image to have as a background, but i keep it up nonetheless. there's something about it that always makes me smile...

(on a side note, one of the biggest compliments i ever had was when i went home and found my brother had downloaded one of my flickr pics and had used it as the background for his iPhone :grin: )

D

DougDolde

Turn off at Intersection Rock. Park in the lot. Go around to the back (notrhwest) side ot The Old Woman.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I never use backgrounds they waste memory and are not condusive to good color. My IMac is set to Graphite (very little color and the 18% gray desk top.)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
A cropped or resized image measuring 1680x1050 pixels needs not swallow more than something like 3-500 Kb memory which shouldn't be all that much of a problem.
I often use actual pixel crops and usually put the main subject into the right side of the screen and leave the left side free for the desktop icons. Dark backgrounds work well in the left side of the screen.

D300 • ZF 1.4/50mm