The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CI in Carmel 2010 - 2d Annual Pigs in a Blanket!

fotophil

Hi Jack:

Yes the foggy tree has some magic - Landsend is really special in the fog

Hope you are having fun down south

Phil

fotophil

Hi Uwe:

Thanks for looking - I used 4 different camera systems for the four day Pigs in a Blanket Event and had trouble remembering the various camera functions - next time I will stick to just one system! But then I need to decide which system?

Phil

R

Rafa

I was photographing the wild life, I swear, and I can prove it ... mmm, actually, I can't :)

Well, I've finally caught up on my sleep after the close of Capture Integration in Carmel 2010 aka the 2nd Annual Pigs in a Blanket. Don and I finally got to meet up with Dave Gallagher from Capture Integration, who brought with him a lot of nice equipment for everyone to try out, including the Leica S2, Leica M9, 40mm Rodenstock, Phase 645DF and Schneider 80mm LS, P65+, P45+, P40+ and a grouping of Arca Cubes. The M9 and lenses didn't make it back with Dave----Don having latched onto it fairly tightly, and quite happily. :)

Don and I had a blast and learned a lot too. We were blessed with good weather, particularly considering that the forecast called for rain.

1. Sutro Baths in San Francisco
2. Everyone else was photographing the Sutro Baths; I'm not sure what Rafa was photographing here.... :D
3. Muir Woods National Monument

R

Rafa

I finally got around editing some of the images. Here are some artsy fartsy ones.
I had quite a lot of fun with the Hartblei PC-TS 45mm.

kdphotography

Love the skull and flower at the Carmel Mission, Rafa....

What were your settings on the Leica S2? How did the images look in color? I did not like the S2 images that I saw at ISO 640.......

ken

Don Libby

Rafa - great images however you seemed to have forgotten one? :D

Here's a couple images from Alcatraz (all with the M9)

Don

kdphotography

I was photographing the wild life, I swear, and I can prove it ... mmm, actually, I can't :)
By "photographing the wildlife," are you referring to the cute Brazillian figure model that dropped by the studio and made a bee-line for you (while I was talking to her mid-sentence no less) and later invited you to go to Brazil with her?

You mean that wildlife!

:ROTFL:

Don Libby

Thanks Phil. I have an order to fulfill then I’m going to do some test printing of M9 images. Actually I already did one which was rushed and the print itself turned out crappy (all my fault) however I did find excellent resolution at 20x30.

Ken, like the Lilly shot guess we all took turns shooting those things as I have one that’s somewhat similar just need to find it.

Don Libby

By "photographing the wildlife," are you referring to the cute Brazillian figure model that dropped by the studio and made a bee-line for you (while I was talking to her mid-sentence no less) and later invited you to go to Brazil with her?

You mean that wildlife!

:ROTFL:
If I hadn't been there to see it with my own eyes I'd never believe it. Instant lock on. Come to think of it didn't he suddenly disapear for awhile?

:D

Don Libby

Mission Calla Lilly from Carmel Mission. First is IR the second is from the M9, 90mm both handheld.

Don

R

Rafa

Maybe I should have invited you all to be my assistants for the shoot with her today :)) :))

Phil,
I would post some images but I think this is a G-rated forum only :)

Ken, that Mission Calla Lilly is awesome