The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Password & Login embedded in Picture/Image!!!

JSK Rangefinder

Hi,

I've seen a guy who just pressed one of his images on the desktop to get/login in to his email account when in public to protect himself.. later he pressed another image to login to Facebook etc..

Do you guys know how it's done on Mac/PC?

Hi,

I've seen a guy who just pressed one of his images on the desktop to get/login in to his email account when in public to protect himself.. later he pressed another image to login to Facebook etc..

Do you guys know how it's done on Mac/PC?
Just a wild guess...

Write an Apple Script or Automator file to do the login. Then, in Finder Info, change the generic icon to that of an image of your own choice. The result will be what you describe.

Disadvantage: anybody who gets access to the computer will be able to log in the same way. For myself, I use 1Password: far more flexible and secure.