The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Time to go to the cave?

DavidL

I am finding myself considering buying a G1. For what reason? Cheap compact carry around camera? Will be useful for microstock instead of lugging the Nikon's around? Wish I could offer a sensible explanation, the fact is I like the colour so it's based purely on aesthetics. Dam it! I can't even get the G2 because it's a different colour blue, not at all nice.
So I'm thinking it's time to go and sit in a cave in the Himalayas where hopefully such thoughts will be dismissed as there is no chance of buying one from the cave next door.
Having said the above, it is a refreshing way of choosing a camera as professionally I have been considering a new system. But with 2 years to go until the pension kicks in maybe I should ride out my working life with what I have.
If the cave doesn't happen, the men in white may intervene;)

V

Vivek

David,I will try to talk you out of your dilemma.;)

See how ugly the G1 makes the 50/1.2 look.:eek:

only with ancient horriblus like the pen F 42/1.2, it starts to look like something
like a camera.

Superb lenses like the 14-24 make the tiniest of the Nikon DSLRs look like toys fit for rank amateurs.

(the 14-24, boxed is for sale if you are interested. ;) )

Keep the Nikon. The Nike logo lookalike red stripe alone makes the Nikon cams come alive.:thumbs:

No need for any other funky colors.:D

T

tokengirl

Most men just wander around the tool department at Sears, grunting and drooling. Clearly, you have evolved.

V

Vivek

Will be useful for microstock instead of lugging the Nikon's around?
I am sorry for my earlier post. You have already given the answer there.

With behemoths like D1 (2,620,000 pixels!) and D2H (a whopping 4,100,000 pixels), one was able to make room sized enlargements of stunning clarity for musea.

Size matters.

With tiny G1 and such which are reminiscent of P&S Coolpixes (but without that funky logo and hence not really cool :(), microstock is a generous description.

I would have made it ultramicrostock fit for i-phones.:ROTFL: