The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

60 days out for Photokina. What's on your wishlist

jonoslack

Nothing.
If there's nothing, then I won't need to buy it, and if I don't buy it I'll have more money to spend on going to nice places and taking pictures with my existing stuff . . . . which works!

thomas

What's on your wish list ???
- Contax mount and Schneider Digitar mount for the arTec
- a small, light device to tether in the field (could be with C1 3.7 or a modified, thinned out version of C1 V5)
- quick release clamps with tubular levels (arca swiss compatible)

:)

Dustbak

1) An additional promotion for the HC35-90 when you upgrade your old back the the H4D60. This would most certainly be welcomed over here.

2) 30minutes exposure for Hasselblad backs without the necessity to make an additional shot for noise reduction. I know this is a problem for the Dalsa but certainly possible for the Kodaks. When this happens I will have a hard time deciding between the 50 or the 60.

3) Nikon AF-S 85/1.4 and while we are at it they might also include the AF-S 35/1.4 and the rumored AF-S50/1.2.

4) Oh, why not. Throw in the AF-S 200/4.0Macro.

Other than that I am not wishing for anything. I cannot think of much other things that would get my interest.

KeithL

Nothing.
If there's nothing, then I won't need to buy it, and if I don't buy it I'll have more money to spend on going to nice places and taking pictures with my existing stuff . . . . which works!
A refreshing glimpse of sanity within Dante's Inferno.

Terry

A real rangefinder inspired m4/3 camera. Think M9 style with an EVF instead of viewfinder.
A high quality very fast zoom for m4/3
A very fast portrait lens for m4/3

Ditto for Sony NEX

David K

Workshop Member
Leica does an about-face and revives the R series... then offers a smokin' hot upgrade path to the S2 which now has adapters allowing the use of R, Hassy, Zeiss and Rollei lenses :) While they're at it they can adjust their pricing to reflect the devaluation of the Euro relative to the $US.

robmac

-A blatant lack of $%^& super-zoom glass & small sensor bodies (I know, I know..)
-CV announces 180 & 125 APO SLII's to go with 90CV SLII
-Leica wakes up and offers selection of R glass in EoS and F mount (one can dream)
-'Holy $%^&' bolt your tripod to concrete 30+MP 1DS_/D_X so prices on existing 1Ds3/D3x take one in teeth as hordes rush to upgrade.

Actually since this is in MF section, ignore preceding:

-More price drops on MFDBs
-New Hassy/Phase gateway-drug/adjunct 'tweaner' SLResque MF body a la the S2 that takes existing glass. Say 20MP +/-. Hell make it CMOS- just drop the AA filter.
-Mamiya digitizes the 7II

Last edited:

PeterA

Hasselblad introduce a digi chip version of the XPan ....still the best 35mm | pano film camera system ever made -
Hasselblad halve the cost of an X5 scanner and update software

trisberg

I'd like to see the Lumix G 14/2.5 lens finally become available or the m.Zuiko 12mm lens from Olympus - we need a good wide angle prime for m4/3.

-Thomas

jlm

Workshop Member
a wired link to use your I-* as a MFDB viewing screen instead of the current pathetic DB offerings
though no-one has reported yet on the new higher res screen for the Hassy 60

A 30 megapixel R with no AA filter, a decent battery, focus confirmation, files that are printable (large) at 800 iso, live view (for landscape shots on tripod) and a price under 9K. If I'm going to fantasize... it might as well be a pipe dream!

Of course, this would kill the S2, and that would suit many R users (who were sacrificed at the altar of camera jewelry collectors) just fine.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
In MF with crop sensors i would like to see them eliminate the crop in the viewfinder. Use some type of viewing magnification system so when you put a cropped back on a body it sees the whole sensor size and nothing else. It would eliminate the the crop sensor stay within the lines issue

T

tokengirl

A Leica X2 with a Tri-Elmar (I am thinking 16-24-35 would be nice). How cool would that be?

Ben Rubinstein

As a wedding shooter..

580ex mk3 flashgun with decent hotshoe, more power and most importantly radio controlled wireless flash to supplant the 3rd party add ons.

24-70L f2.8 IS. As good as the Nikon and with IS.

An Elinchrom Quadra clone with significantly faster recycle and battery life and TTL added as an extra. The owner of Alien Bees hinted to me today that it's in the works.

But then who are we kidding? I really can't afford anything for a good long while unless business picks up and significantly this year :banghead:. I'd still work out a way to buy the first two, who needs two kidneys anyway?

mtomalty

A 30 megapixel R with no AA filter, a decent battery, focus confirmation, files that are printable (large) at 800 iso, live view (for landscape shots on tripod) and a price under 9K.
That sounds strangely like some of the rumored specs for the 1Ds4 !

Mark