The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

60 days out for Photokina. What's on your wishlist

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nikon 700 body style with a full-frame D3s sensor that makes 18 to 22 MP. Even if it only works to 1250 ISO I could live with that.

rayyan

D700 size with 18-20 MP and low light to 2500.

Nikon 135mm f/2 with VR

Nikon 180mm f/2.8 with VR

The lens first would be fine with me.

A

Alexander DeVoe

A US/EU distribution announcement for the Pentax 645D. Although that would make my next camera choice THAT much harder.

Definitely have to agree on the D700x/Nikon Prosumer refresh. But that AGAIN would make my decision even tougher. Oh, poor me, too many nice cameras to choose from! haha! A price drop on the D3x would do, as well.

I'd settle for any of the above. But I'll hope for all. I like to be confused!

T.Karma

A company breaking up the digital MF situation. That means digital backs for reasonal prices with good screens, excellent live etc..

emr

OK, this is not realistic by far, but let's say a Pentax full frame EVIL camera which let's me use my limited lenses (with an adapter) with AF.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Wishes ? Hey that's easy.

Realistic wishes is a totally different matter :D

I have some apparently completely unrealistic wishes with regards to 'presentation'.

(1) A breakthrough with a completely new print technology that would make huge prints affordable :)
I'm surprised that we don't see more competition and development on print technology.
Everything seems concentrated about cameras where we see a lot of competition, fast development and prices coming down as this new digital technology matures.
Not so with print, as far as I have noticed. I would love to be proven wrong about that.

(2) Or, as an obvious alternative to countless, expensive large prints, an Ultra High Resolution Flat Panel Monitor, not for movies (with all kinds of update speed complications), but just for enjoying and presenting still pictures, photos. (Despite how slow the update might be).
How about something like 6000 x 4000 pixels as max resolution, just for a start ? Why not ?
I'm not an engineer. Can anyone explain to me why it can't be done, why we don't see this ?
With the millions of digital photos taken every day it seems like an obvious solution with a huge demand and thus a huge potential.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I also do have an absolutely realistic wish.

I hope that it will be confirmed that this Nikon rumor about the coming Nikon mirrorless is true.
Because it seems like it has a viewfinder (heck, it seems like it even has a mirror ... :D)
I don't know if I will buy the camera at all, I just hope that Canon and Nikons takes on mirrorless will have viewfinders, because I think it is so scary that it seems to become an increasing trend that a viewfinder is not neccessary.
In my opinion a viewfinder is what separates a real camera from a snapper gadget. A mandatory feature. I admit I have kind of a viewfinder obsession :rolleyes:
After all it's what my sight 'touches' and 'uses' when trying to get an image just like I want it.
As accurate as possible.
Exposure is of course important, as is focus.
Still, composition is the single most important element of a final image. Of a well seen image. I think.

Last edited:
Good morning all

How about the full frame sensor from the 5d Mk II in the 7d body with a megapixel count in the mid teens.

From Steen
"In my opinion a viewfinder is what separates a real camera from a snapper gadget. A mandatory feature. I admit I have kind of a viewfinder obsession"

I agree completely, and the viewfinder should be 100%, bright, and have a screen capable of accurate manual focus.

Paul

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Time to go out there and take more, better photos, time to edit each of them to the best of my abilities and time to... oh wait, that's another department, right? Somewhat higher up?

Ok then; a full frame Nikon in a D90 sized body, waterproof and made from light, indestructable materials and with some nice, compact primes to match. Hmmmm.... that sounds like an FF K7. Pentax? How about it?

V

Vivek

Sell most of the surplus gear, gather as much funds as possible, make time and make a dedicated photography visit to India.

iiiNelson

A FF Digital Zeiss Ikon with an upgraded (or at least enhanced in high ISO) 16-24 MP Sony a850/900 sensor type at one third to half the price of an M9... Well Might as well since we're dreaming.

iiiNelson

Now that I have the NEX5 I'm looking forward to the NEX7 announcement and the announcement of E-Mount lens roadmap. A high quality Zeiss 16-80 with a 2.8 constant aperture would be nice to replace the kit lens with as would a reasonably fast normal and portrait/macro lens.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
D700 with D3x sensor; that's all I need. I would sell one of the present D700 bodies and would have the perfect duo for all my present work.