The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Juan 2008-05

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Was out bumming around a bit today -- lots to see, here are some quick M8 grabs for fun:

~~~

Find the Kitty! (Hint = Golden Mean)

~~~

Yes, that is pigeon poo on the guy's coat. He had it on his head too:

:),

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A few more from the ZD.

Here is David K playing with his new toy:

100% crop:

Makes a nice, high-end hat rack:

Morebetter later!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jack,
You guys are killing us with those MF shots.
Isn't that the same man that Bob photographed the other day?
How did you ever see that kitty? You must have good eyes.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have not really started processing yet. But here is a P25 i shot today wide open or so. So far I really like the this back. Nice design and functionality. The files look superb. This is not the Plus back but even at ISO400 the files look pretty clean ,This one is ISO 100

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
You guys are killing us with those MF shots.
Isn't that the same man that Bob photographed the other day?
How did you ever see that kitty? You must have good eyes.
Hi Cindy:

When I saw him on the bench, I thought so too, but when I got closer, I wasn't so sure... This guy doesn't appear quite as heavy as Bob's guy did, and had different shoes. Could have changed though. On the kitty, yes -- I've always had a knack for seeing minutiae :)

Off to wine and cheese reception, followed by a rums of Puerto Rico tasting, then dinner if I can still walk :)

More later!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Off to wine and cheese reception, followed by a rums of Puerto Rico tasting, then dinner if I can still walk :)
Sounds like a true test for focusing skills! Have fun.

Jack - the first two ZD shots you posted are very nice images.

Terry

Wow, it took me a looong time to find the kitty! Glad everyone is having a good time. See you tomorrow.

helenhill

REQUEST PLEASE:

Lets Play a Game
Buzz words for Creating the Picture:
'Sexy Island Evening Mojito Shots'.......
Lets see what you can come up with

:D:):D:):D:)
Best ,H

dfarkas

Workshop Member
The production Hy6 looks nicer than the prototype I handled at Photokina 06. The gray on gray is a little more contemporary than the red buttons. Congrats, David (K).

You guys look like you have great weather and no shortage of photo ops. Wish I could be there.

Have fun and keep the images coming.

David

LJL

Great shots!! Keep them coming.

O.K., have to say that I still love the M8 shots, as they have great color and even a mood to some degree, as in Brad's street shot of the guys in the doorways, but the MF shots are truly something else at this point. Jack's first shot of the covered tile walkway has a very dimensional look with detail that is hard to get from the M8, or other DSLRs.

Guy, looks like you are enjoying those extra pixels and different files from the new back.

Can't wait to see more once you folks get warmed up a bit ;-)

LJ

LJL

The production Hy6 looks nicer than the prototype I handled at Photokina 06. The gray on gray is a little more contemporary than the red buttons. Congrats, David (K).

You guys look like you have great weather and no shortage of photo ops. Wish I could be there.

Have fun and keep the images coming.

David
David,
I agree, the production version looks much better with the more subtle gray buttons rather than all that red "push me...no, push me....no me" button look of the prototype. That Hy6 is a sexy looking camera, mojitos or not :p

LJ