The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Juan 2008-05

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
tollie - I really like the stark simplicity and muted colors of "from my bed at dawn". The whole series you posted is very nice - every images tells a story in an interesting way.

Rob - the two girls through the glass is a winner for me. Love the colors and the figure in the background but the smile radiating from the young girl in green is captivating. Good job. And nice timing on the last one.

Keep them coming, I am really missing out.

robsteve

Subscriber
A few from tonight, shot with the Noctilux.

This is Tod during diner.

I noticed this solo lady in a bar we walked past on the way out to diner.

Guy counting the tip to give the waitress at diner.

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
Robert,
I like the frozen moment of time captured at the loading zone. One will ponder forever whether the suspended box is going into or out of the truck and wonder what was said that was so funny.

tollie

Workshop Member
Good Morning All,

We did the dawn patrol this AM... up at 5:30 out on the street shortly after. I split off from the group after a bit.

Brad did me a kindness by loaning me his 1956 50mm colapsable summicron...

all of these images were made with this lens.

Thanks for looking and commenting... its like we have a world wide community.

Joan

Wow, guys, you are all on a roll already! This is so much fun to watch all the great pictures come in. FANTASTIC!

Welcome Tollie, great shooting and it's terrific to have you here. Love all of your shots, but the "waking up" picture is so special, that needs to be framed and on the wall for sure.

Terry, hope you made it there OK last night, can't wait to see San Juan through your eyes (and cameras, lol).

Oh, how I wish I could be there ............

robsteve

Subscriber
Jack is just giving us a lesson on B&W conversion. I may not be a good student, but here is my first attempt.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Guy,
Could you please explain what "with custom coloring" means? Your MF shots are just fantastic.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
This is a three image shift/stitch Pano from San Juan. I used the Leica 28m and shifted 10mm each way. The stitched file is over 6700 pixels wide.